');

Welcome to The Lotus Forums

Welcome to The Lotus Forums. Please register now to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. It's free, easy and you can even just log in with your facebook/twitter details if you wish or if you're already a member click here to sign in now. Be apart of The Lotus Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others, read protected content
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates emailed
  • Get your own profile, add your car to the members garage and start a car blog
  • Customize your experience and profile here and use our free members gallery
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

Aftermarket Exhaust Options

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 Matt

Matt

L

• Basic Account
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 27-August 08
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:Evora Launch Edition

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:51 AM

Al - in my 20's i used to do a lot of work on my cars...MG Midget / MG BGT (they needed a lot of work as you can imagine, including putting a new full exhaust&manifold onto the BGT) - but nowadays i don't have time or inclination really to endure the red raw hands / scrapes / cuts and frustration...maybe different if i had a nice warm garage (or even a garage would be nice) but then i'd rather fiddle with a classic car than a new one.

The kit seems to be the smaller silencer box and fairly short length of pipes - i guess probably joining onto the downpipe of the manifold (i.e. manifold isn't replaced). I'm not sure what the monifold looks like - i.e. if the 2 cylinder banks join into 1 pipe which attaches to this bit of exhaust or if there are 2 joins - I'll try and have a closer look but it's quite hard to see.

As to fitting - it was done at Lotus - it was the first one they had fitted and they had a few niggles but no real problems. Lotus sport didn't develop the exhaust - it was done by the Evora team so I think just a bit of a learning curve for them. I was also having new door seals fitted so it was with them for about 3 hours in total...and i got a pretty good deal on labour costs for the exhaust - as you say, adding 2 hours labour onto an already quite expensive item is probably a deal killer...

finding info on the exhaust is pretty difficult - i got these pictures from a japanese website !!

20091105_640958_t.jpg

20091105_640957_t.jpg

#22 beady

beady

LOTUS

• Basic Account
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Joined 15-July 09
  • Name:paul
  • Car:Evora LE / Triumph Daytona 675 / Mini / big fat volvo
  • Modifications:CR box / sports exhaust / occasionally cleaned

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

I believe supply cost is 650

Bell and collville website says 750 fitted.
Castle website says 850 fitted

Explain that !
construction and property consultants : My company

#23 S7 EXG

S7 EXG

LO

• Basic Account
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 18-August 09
  • Name:JoeS
  • Car:Evora LE

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:35 PM

I have now joined the Lotus Sports exhaust club.
I think this should really be the standard item. if you buy one expecting the car to be transformed to an M3-rasp or similar you will be disappointed, but it certainly makes a more gutteral throaty sound which is more akin to what you'd expect of a V6 sports car.
There are a few burbles on over-runs too. It's not intrusive (given relatively low revs) on motorway runs. i'd recommend it - but can't say I think it offers great value at the full fitted price.

#24 bolly girl

bolly girl

LOT

• Basic Account
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 03-August 08
  • Name:Den
  • Car:Evora LE 'Starlight Black'

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:35 PM

I have now joined the Lotus Sports exhaust club.

As of yesterday - Us too.

Nice classy note if I may say so Posted Image
Deposit Paid 25.07.08
Delivery Date: 10.09.08

#25 Al.

Al.

LEGS Regional Co-Ordinator

• Regional Co-ordinator
  • 1,800 posts
  • Joined 18-August 08
  • Name:Allan Matheson
  • Car:Aquamarine Evora LE 2+2 (Arr. 25/9/09 - gone) Aquamarine Evora 2+2 (Arr 10/10 - gone) Ardent Red Evora 2+0 N/A, CR box (Arr 9/3/11-gone); Arden Red 2+2 S and bespoke interior (Arr 27/7/13) Evoque 2.0T Si4
  • Modifications:The SR look + Pioneer ICE + winter tyres/alloys.

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hi Joe & Denise. If you don't mind posting it can you say how much you paid from your dealers and which ones, to have it fitted please. You can always PM me if you don't want to post.

On Tuesday I was dropping car off at dealer again as I headed back offshore and he offered me the amazing deal of 750 fitted knocked down from 1000 supposedly as he had done a deal to buy 5. I was frankly shocked at how much he was suggesting standard fit was as I was sure Forum prices had indicated much cheaper but couldn't remember. Now I do after reading Beadys post.
A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

#26 S7 EXG

S7 EXG

LO

• Basic Account
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 18-August 09

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:52 PM

£184.36 inc VAT for the fitting and a few screws.

#27 bolly girl

bolly girl

LOT

• Basic Account
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 03-August 08

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

AL -check your PM

Joe - what was the cost of the unit?

Edited by bolly girl, 20 February 2010 - 04:59 PM.

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

#28 footsoldier

footsoldier

L

• Basic Account
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 15-October 09
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:Waiting for V6

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:27 AM

I'm thinking about getting one - have heard it in garage, but wondered if it will be annoying during day-to-day use?

Sounds good at high revs, but will it bug me when using it every day, sadly sometimes spent cruising on motorway etc..?
Cheers

#29 S7 EXG

S7 EXG

LO

• Basic Account
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 18-August 09

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

haven't done a long journey yet so can't say with any authority. AM going to cotswolds next weekend so will let you know. It's certainly not a headach inducing drone round town, it's not that loud, just a bit more purposeful than standard.

Bollygirl: £800 inc VAT.

Edited by S7 EXG, 21 February 2010 - 12:42 PM.

#30 bolly girl

bolly girl

LOT

• Basic Account
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 03-August 08

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:31 PM

Thanks S7 EXG - believe we are in two way chat via Al on this and other topics

Footsoldier - I spent 1 1/2hr in car on return from factory (motorway and back lanes to end) and found the background noise from my son to be more annoying that the exhaust note Posted Image
Deposit Paid 25.07.08

#31 footsoldier

footsoldier

L

• Basic Account
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 15-October 09
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:Waiting for V6

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

I had one fitted last week, and very happy with it. I think the engine has a good, tuned note to it anyway, and the exhaust helps you hear it! It should have been standard of course...

I fitted a Milltek exhaust to my old Europa and then took it off, because it was too obtrusive as it popped and banged everywhere. This is much better and I'd recommend it for those with no patience to wait for aftermarket alternatives (eg me!)

#32 Big H

Big H

L

• Basic Account
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 03-January 09
  • Name:Henry Staals
  • Car:lotus esprit v8

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hi chaps had my car fitted with sports exhauts from blue flame, it looks and sounds great, they told me the evora has 3 cats two with sensors and one without ,the one without has now gone and the new exhaust is a much better design flowing in from the middle of the silencer instead of the left hand side easing up the flow, I have to admit the car does feel quicker.

#33 fxb

fxb
  • Basic Account
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-April 10
  • Name:Forest Baskett
  • Car:Lotus Evora Arctic Silver

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

I got my Stage II sport exhaust yesterday. It sounds and feels great when you are on the throttle and is almost as quiet as the standard exhaust when just cruising. One way to quantify the extra power is to note the increased fuel economy. I'm getting just about 2 mpg better mileage for similar driving. Of course you may lose that if the better sound on throttle ...

Fxb

#34 Justin182

Justin182

LOTUS

• Basic Account
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Joined 16-May 10
  • Name:Justin
  • Car:Evora

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:11 AM

Are people finding the Sports Exhaust 'Sporty' enough after having the car for a few months?

#35 Mykadams

Mykadams

L

• Basic Account
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 19-November 09
  • Name:Michael Damoiseaux
  • Car:Evora - 211 GT4

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:52 AM

For a "sporty" exhaust, you have to talk with Komotec (Hangar 111?) or PB Racing...

The PB Racing's one will be mine as soon as I recieve my car. It's a full exhaust system from the mainfolds.

Myka

#36 Gardus

Gardus

L

• Basic Account
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 24-June 10
  • Name:Roberto
  • Car:Clio 172

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:06 AM

We have a launch edition Evora here, we're using it to develop our complete exhaust.
By now we've tested it on the dyno with the stock and with the stage 2 lotus performance exhaust.
Results weren't bad, i'll post the graphs as soon as possibile, with the exhaust it runs 274 hp, with the stage 2 around 280.

We're planning to make 3-1 manifolds, may step-headers, metallic kat and the rest of exhaust, hopefully to relase some good V6 sound and get close to 300hp.

I'll keep you updated on this!

#37 Justin182

Justin182

LOTUS

• Basic Account
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Joined 16-May 10
  • Name:Justin
  • Car:Evora

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

Interesting! ^

#38 Gardus

Gardus

L

• Basic Account
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 24-June 10

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:09 AM

Sorry can't edit the post...let me explain a few points.

274 hp it's with the stock exhaust.
The stage 2 lotus performance one is a catback, , its main advantage is in the weight saving.
The "titanium" tips aren't titanium at all, it a thermic/chimical procedure that give it the blu/violet-ish hue.

This is the stock engine, the manifold isn't the best at all:
Posted Image
The kat is close to the engine as in many new engines that need to comply with euro5 regulations. This solution brings the kat at operative temperature very fast, but it's not the best for performance and heat dissipation of the engine bay.
The evora presents a "chimney" over the rear manifold with an exit on top of the car, where there's negative pressure and it can "suck" out the heat.

Here's an example of a manifold for a car with small longitudinal space.
Posted Image

Edited by Bibs, 25 June 2010 - 08:27 AM.

#39 JAWS

JAWS

LOTUS

• Basic Account
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Joined 20-March 10
  • Name:Jimbo
  • Car:Lotus Evora

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:56 AM

Just to clarify - Lotus don't claim their aftermarket Sports Exhaust that you refer to, has titanium tips. The Titanium tips that are part of the Sports Pack (production fit) are actually Titanium though, the standard ones being stainless steel.

#40 Gardus

Gardus

L

• Basic Account
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 24-June 10

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

Some updates. The manifold setup has been decided. It has much longer primary tubes! There will be only one kat, a 100 cpsi HJS, and the lambda wires will be lenghtened to reach the metallic kat.
We've decided to use two sliding pipes to keep the two main pipe seperated and garantee longitudinal engine movement freedom, to merge them after that and then use a spherical link to permit flex and torsional movement.
It's a design for independence, very different from the stock one, which has short primary tubes to make the first kats to reach high temperatures as soon as possible.
The rear exhaust is very similar to the lotus stage II exhaust, as you can see in the pictures. I'll have some better pictures of the manifold and of the complete exhaust soon.

Standard front and rear manifold:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Exhaust:
Posted Image
Fitted manifold:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Lotus Stage II with fake titanium tips:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users