No speedometer & No rev counter - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums ');

Welcome to The Lotus Forums

Welcome to The Lotus Forums. Please register now to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. It's free, easy and you can even just log in with your facebook/twitter details if you wish or if you're already a member click here to sign in now. Be apart of The Lotus Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others, read protected content
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates emailed
  • Get your own profile, add your car to the members garage and start a car blog
  • Customize your experience and profile here and use our free members gallery
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

No speedometer & No rev counter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 seligmanc

seligmanc
  • Basic Account
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 09-November 10
  • Name:Charlie
  • Car:Elise

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

Hi there,

I was out in my Elise (Series 2) the other evening and parked up the car. I switched off the engine and removed the key and noticed that the light behind the speedometer and rev counter was still on (as only normally happens when my main head lamps are switched on). I also noticed the immobilizer light was not flashing any more. Shortly afterwards I restarted the car and noticed that now the speedometer and the rev counter were not registering at all (both remained on 0).

After a short drive home carefully judging my speed ;-) I parked up the car. Just had the RAC round and they recharged the battery (that had gone flat due to the backlight remaining on) and now the car seems to be ok again.

Has anyone ever come across anything like this - since Im concerned there might be an underlying problem?

Cheers,

Charlie

#2 dingding

dingding

L

• Basic Account
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 01-June 10
  • Name:steve
  • Car:elise s
  • Modifications:None

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

Hi Charlie

I had a very similar problem with my Elise S2 (2010) but I was not getting any backlight on the dash , after restarting the car a few times I had dash lighting but no dials.
I contacted my dealer and he said it could be a low battery as that is a common issue, i took it out for a long drive the following day and it has not happened since.
I can only assume that it's ok now, my car is only 8 months old so I don't know if its just because its not done that my miles or that its been siding idile for a long time.

#3 seligmanc

seligmanc
  • Basic Account
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 09-November 10
  • Name:Charlie
  • Car:Elise

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hi there,

Yeah my issue was a low battery. Got it replaced and all working fine now. Strange that yours is now fine?

Cheers,

Charlie

#4 dingding

dingding

L

• Basic Account
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 01-June 10
  • Name:steve
  • Car:elise s
  • Modifications:None

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

Yes it's been fine , my dealer said that if it happens again they will need the car in to see if it's a dead cell in the battery.

It's only been a couple of weeks but so far so good.

Steve

#5 Mininota

Mininota
  • Basic Account
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 15-March 11
  • Name:Curro
  • Car:Lotus Elise

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

Rves and speed not working happened to me twice.
In both cases it was a LOOSE fuse; just pressing it again, and everything got solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Full Members don't see these ads