seligmanc

No speedometer & No rev counter

5 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I was out in my Elise (Series 2) the other evening and parked up the car. I switched off the engine and removed the key and noticed that the light behind the speedometer and rev counter was still on (as only normally happens when my main head lamps are switched on). I also noticed the immobilizer light was not flashing any more. Shortly afterwards I restarted the car and noticed that now the speedometer and the rev counter were not registering at all (both remained on 0).

After a short drive home carefully judging my speed ;-) I parked up the car. Just had the RAC round and they recharged the battery (that had gone flat due to the backlight remaining on) and now the car seems to be ok again.

Has anyone ever come across anything like this - since Im concerned there might be an underlying problem?

Cheers,

Charlie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Charlie

I had a very similar problem with my Elise S2 (2010) but I was not getting any backlight on the dash , after restarting the car a few times I had dash lighting but no dials.

I contacted my dealer and he said it could be a low battery as that is a common issue, i took it out for a long drive the following day and it has not happened since.

I can only assume that it's ok now, my car is only 8 months old so I don't know if its just because its not done that my miles or that its been siding idile for a long time.

Hi there,

Yeah my issue was a low battery. Got it replaced and all working fine now. Strange that yours is now fine?

Cheers,

Charlie

Yes it's been fine , my dealer said that if it happens again they will need the car in to see if it's a dead cell in the battery.

It's only been a couple of weeks but so far so good.

Steve

Rves and speed not working happened to me twice.

In both cases it was a LOOSE fuse; just pressing it again, and everything got solved.