The Lotus Forums began in 2004 from humble beginnings as a website focussed around functional discussion for UK-based Lotus Esprit owners who at the time only had a troublesome email mailing list. Initially just for UK Esprit owners, the site was known as LEF, lotusespritforum.com. Since then, the site expanded to cover the rest of the world and we were asked to cover other Lotus models with our successful forum format, first the track focussed 2Eleven with 2elevenforum.com and then the new Evora with evoraforum.com. With 3 separate sites on the go much of the content and effort was being duplicated in triplicate so in 2009 the 6,500 Esprit members, 500 2Eleven members and 1,000 Evora members were merged into one happy site and here we are now, thelotusforums.com and we’re covering more of the range too.
We’ve expanded further in terms of members (over 16,000 registered members and 80,000+ visitors/month) and with the model range having been asked to take over an Excel/Eclat/Elite site and adding support for the newer ‘small platform’ cars, the Elise/Exige/Europa. The site continues to expand with 20+ new members per day on average making us one of the largest Lotus owner and enthusiast sites in the world and act as a forum for other clubs such as Lotus Ltd, Club Esprit, Club Lotus GT and Club Lotus Portugal. TLF is also one of the only clubs in the world to be official retailers for Group Lotus and Lotus Originals, something we are very proud of and in March 2012 TLF were added to the Group Lotus website as official global community partner to the brand.
Our members not only discuss the ins and outs of Lotus ownership and enthusiasm on our busy forums but we have many events. From major, national and worldwide fundraising events to our very busy regional areas we enjoy seeing owners and enthusiasts getting together in their cars to enjoy themselves.
Please visit the links below to find out more about us, who we are and what we do.
If you have a club/group which needs a forum please do contact us, this is something we’re happy to do in order to bring quality web discussion and events to all Lotus fans. It wouldn’t be the first time we’ve helped other clubs and we’re always open to ideas so send us an email today! We also offer entirely free hosting to Lotus related websites/forums on our fully dedicated top level servers which reside on the UK’s fastest network hosts. Email us with your requirements and we’ll certainly help if we can.
The NUJ’s Code of Conduct has set out the main principles of British and Irish journalism since 1936 (Updated 2007). It is part of the rules and all journalists joining the union must sign that they will strive to adhere to it.
Members of the National Union of Journalists are expected to abide by the following professional principles:
1. At all times upholds and defends the principle of media freedom, the right of freedom of expression and the right of the public to be informed
2. Strives to ensure that information disseminated is honestly conveyed, accurate and fair
3. Does her/his utmost to correct harmful inaccuracies
4. Differentiates between fact and opinion
5. Obtains material by honest, straightforward and open means, with the exception of investigations that are both overwhelmingly in the public interest and which involve evidence that cannot be obtained by straightforward means
6. Does nothing to intrude into anybody’s private life, grief or distress unless justified by overriding consideration of the public interest
7. Protects the identity of sources who supply information in confidence and material gathered in the course of her/his work
8. Resists threats or any other inducements to influence, distort or suppress information
9. Takes no unfair personal advantage of information gained in the course of her/his duties before the information is public knowledge
10. Produces no material likely to lead to hatred or discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age, gender, race, colour, creed, legal status, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation
11. Does not by way of statement, voice or appearance endorse by advertisement any commercial product or service save for the promotion of her/his own work or of the medium by which she/he is employed
12. Avoids plagiarism.
Read more about our most popular news topics: