Looks like my esprit will finally be painted by the end of the month.
Really happy with the work done at the body shop. Loads of prepping and fine adjusting as the bumpers has numerous holes drilled in to re-set the bumper during its life by one of the PO's.. so new mounting holes have finally been set and bumpers have been test fitted...
Getting closer to the finished product
Here's a sample of the new yellow paint! It's getting exciting :)
After much contemplation, I decided to go ahead and repair the old unit rather then replace.
The PO did a terrible job at enlarging the centre hole to fit an aftermarket steering wheel.
Since the unit was going to be covered I cut out properly sized pieces of plywood and rivitted them onto the old unit. applied filler to smooth en out the edges and gave it a quick spray in satin black.
I had been trying to source the pieces to have a replacement grille made up in stainless steel for ages and finally last week, luckily managed to source the only importer of stainless steel mesh grille in Malta! (it seems)
Really proud of the final result, this one should hold up a lot longer then the old unit !
I think total cost probably came to around £60 in total which is great considering how much it would have cost to get a steel replacement sent over from the UK
Just finished restoring my oil cooler. I soaked the cooler in kerosene overnight. Filled the cooler with oil cooler flush and re-painted with a light coating of high temp aluminium paint.
Then re-assembled with custom made braided hoses!