So it is great to have a new product to talk about as over the last couple of years we have been starved of new releases really as everyone just tried to get through the pandemic and to be honest meet the increased demand and parts shortages that the HiFi industry has faced.
The original Mojo was a huge success for Chord, a total game changer and created a whole new genre in HiFi, a really highend portable DAC/Headamp + Pre for sensible money that sounded amazing, it actually went on to become one of our most popular products over the years, I always took mine with me when travelling.
Over the last few years since the original Mojo inception obviously things have marched on, especially in the digital DAC domain so utilising the latest FPGA technology with Rob Watts design the Mojo 2 promises to be a major leap forward for not just portable DAC's but as a DAC to use at home so I am pleased to say that we have had our first delivery with more due very soon.
Rather than me reciting Chords website please see below what the Mojo 2 offers -
- The British designed and built Mojo 2 is the most advanced portable DAC and headphone amplifier in the world today.
- Entirely engineered around a powerful, custom-coded FPGA processor, Mojo 2 benefits from several unique technologies.
- Central to the new Mojo 2 is the world’s first lossless DSP, an advanced ‘digital tone control’ without any degradation in sound quality. The ‘UHD DSP’ gives Mojo 2 unrivalled compatibility with today’s wide-ranging headphones, plus unparalleled flexibility with partnering equipment.
- A further key feature is the new menu system, navigated via the new (fourth) control sphere, bringing mute, crossfeed, button-lock and tone control adjustment.
- Mojo 2 offers greatly improved battery management, with faster charging rates, a huge 75 % reduction in power loss, plus a 9 % capacity gain.
- A new USB-C data input adds greater flexibility, transparency has been greatly boosted, thanks to an improved noise-shaper, lower distortion and greater neutrality, plus Mojo 2 can even be taken wireless with the Poly streamer/server.
- Handmade in the UK with a robust CNC-milled aircraft grade aluminium chassis, Mojo 2 offers unrivalled performance, class-leading sound and peerless build quality.
If you'd like to come in to demo a Mojo 2 please feel free to get in touch to make an appointment.