Lotus Esprit
By M D E, 02/11/13
  • 3 comments
  • Color Red
  • Price 0.00
  • Year 1988
  • Odometer 68700
  • Odometer Unit Miles
  • Description My Dream car for over 20 years my Lotus Esprit purchased back in May 2013.... Only covered 1000 miles a year since 1999.

There's never a right time to buy a sports car, a big birthday was looming close so I decided I needed a set of Lotus keys in my hand....

After looking at 8 very tired Esprits before this one I was loosing hope of finding the right one ...

This one was based over 250 miles away ..I knew my heart would rule my head if I went to test drive her, so I hired an independent report to be carried out .... After 5 hours, 10 mile road run and 10 page report the test was phoned through to me ... What a list of issues ! Again another heart sinking moment ...and was advised this was not the car for me.

The owner phoned me 30mins later to ask the outcome ... After giving him the report he was disappointed so many issues had been found ,..so an agreement was made .. He would repair the mechanicals I would sort the cosmetics.

Three weeks later my new pride and joy was delivered by trailer and the adventure started ... !

This year she's been to 8 car shows winning 2nd in class ...which surprised me as I hadn't started the interior refit then ..then a 130 mile road run with 150 supercars ...and amazing experience...

This 1st year of ownership has been fantastic ... I must have over 20 coasts of polish on ... !

Repairs so far ..
    New timing belt
    Two refurb rear calipers
    New headlights
    New coolant
    New headunit and speakers
    New rear boot struts
    New stainless exhaust twin exit straight through
    New LED indicators and day running lights
    New pads all round
    Refurb of seats and door panels

My aim by next year is for the interior to be fully retrimmed and retune the engine ... By then she will be showroom standard ...

Comments

Thanks .. the wheels are Rondell added in January this year.. only problem is the 19" has raised the front end ..need to find a way of lowering her to look right...

Mr DangerUS your Esprit has a very very impressive long list of modifications ... looks like I have a long way to go ! ... the rear light modification is the first on my list... trouble is the pays look tricky to find ...

Share this comment