By The Veg, 17/02/14
  • 1 comment
  • Color Essex Blue
  • Price 17500.00
  • Year 1986
  • Odometer 39005
  • Odometer Unit Miles
  • Description *FOR SALE* as of February 2014

This is the only 1986 Turbo Esprit in USA in this colour, and the only one in the world any year with this combination of paint/leather/carpet according to Andy Graham at Lotus (I have certificate of provenance and a letter from Mr. Graham verifying these facts).
    I've had the car for three years and while I love it, it needs to be in hands that can provide better stewardship than I can give. I've spent countless hours of hard work caring for this car and righting some wrongs committed by a previous owner, and it is in much better condition than when I bought it. Here's a list of what I've done:

C-Service performed less than 10K miles ago
    Green dot (Euro-spec) cam sprockets
    JAE silicone cooling hoses
    JAE blue cambelt
    Rebuilt water pump
    Turbo intake duct upgraded to smooth-flow metal design
    Alternator upgraded to Bosch AL299 90-amp
    Clutch line upgraded to JAE braided stainless
    New temperature sensor
    New intake system gaskets
    New oxygen sensor
    New plugs and wires
    New intake system vacuum hoses
    New auxiliary air valve
    New throttle cable
    New fuel tank vent hoses
    New fuel filter
    New rear suspension bushings
    New ball joints
    New shift-linkage bushings
    New dual-trumpet air horns
    New solid-state gauge-voltage stabiliser
    Headlights upgraded from sealed-beam to H4/H1
    New COBO UK-spec (amber/white) front turn signal lenses (original lenses inlcuded)
    Speedometer rebuilt, cable drive upgraded
    New upholstery approx. 50%
    New amplified hidden radio antenna
    New Kicker DS-Series loudspeakers (front and rear)
    Radio updated by previous owner to Alpine CD circa 1996 (original manual and detachable-panel carry case included)
    Clutch master cylinder rebuilt

The car spent most of its life in a dry climate and has NO corrosion of the chassis or suspension.

Cosmetically it is not perfect, but condition is still very good with only minor chips in the paint, no warps/wrinkles in the bumpers, etc. This is a 28-year-old car and does have a certain amount of 'patina,' but it still receives plenty of compliments wherever it goes- especially about the paint-colour! My main focus as owner was the mechanical condition, as I bought it to drive rather than to look at- but it looks good too. I have addressed the interiour condition though and have had some upholstery-work done in areas where the original leather was perished beyond hope. I have retained the original leather in all passable areas. The upholstery-work was done by a former interiour-trimmer from Panoz.

Also included: a small stash of spare parts and memorabilia, outdoor car-cover, repair manual/parts list CD-ROM, and a set of body-protection panels that were once used by Lotus dealers when performing engine repairs (I don't recommend using them but they are a VERY rare piece of shop-kit as most were discarded years ago).

This is an exciting, sweet-driving, wonderful car that will bring you joy for many miles.

Contact Ben at [email protected]

Comments