Lotus Esprit V8
By turbopriest, 18/11/14
  • 1 comment
  • Color Yellow
  • Price 0.00
  • Year 1998
  • Odometer 19700
  • Odometer Unit Miles
  • Description Updated Momo steering wheel, factory OZ wheels, ECM upgraded, dual 3" SS exhaust, Brembo brake upgrade, SS brake lines, Quaife LSD

Comments

We bought this sweet Esprit from an Esprit enthusiast in Missouri 3 years ago. We paid for it after he sent us some digital photos of the undercarriage and drivetrain to satisfy some questions about the condition. Car was every bit of what he described and looked even better in person! We (a friend I brought along to follow behind as I drove back home) checked everything over, spent some time touring his house and shop area, and then cautiously left for home. Very lively throttle response, felt cramped to my 6'4" frame but I got used to it after a couple hundred miles. Loved every minute in the mountains of West Virginia! Best drive ever! We also bought a 2001 Corvette Z06 soon after but it was no comparison, although just as quick. All we have done so far is the custom exhaust system which I fabricated and TIG welded myself at our business Exclusive Turbosystems. The previous owner had seen to the other tasteful upgrades. Car turns heads everywhere. I have done some professional detailing so it was cleaned up even better than when we acquired it and has won a class award at a local car show. Plans for the future.........upgrade the turbos, fab up some custom Intercoolers, mount some 300" tires, port the intake manifold (and maybe the heads), reseal a couple of minor leaks, and some fresh timing belts, then perhaps a transmission upgrade before a standalone ECU and turning up the boost. Might polish the intake, valve covers, and charge piping as well.

Share this comment