Lotus Esprit Turbo S4
By charliejd85, 11/05/16
  • 8 comments
  • Color Calypso Red
  • Price --
  • Year 1994
  • Odometer 68150
  • Odometer Unit Miles
  • Description Recently acquired from Guy Munday. Totally original. No modifications and a massive file of invoices! My father was the finance director at Lotus back when it was owned by General Motors. I've been waiting 22 years to get hold of my own Esprit and finally I have made the jump!

Comments

Lovely car and nice story - JAH was a press car your dad must have got as a company car then? The S4 is in the top 5 Esprit models IMHO, keep it nice and original they are getting very rare now.

Share this comment

Thank you Mark, Yes that is correct. It was a company car. Weird to think mine was probably being built just before GM sold it (which is when he left) 

Some really good memories. Glad to be able to finally make a dream come true!

Share this comment

Thought I would share the love by posting this video of my drive this morning. - Initially couldn't get it started, think it was a fuel pump issue, anyway I managed to fix it and took it for a lovely drive in the sun! 

Share this comment

I see you have a 996 as well - excellent choice, you obviously know a performance bargain when you see one, just like the S4. We had a Carrera 4 for a couple of years alongside the GT3. Still sort of regret selling it, although it was one of the few cars we have ever made a profit on.

Share this comment

They are brilliant cars. they really are starting to shoot up in value. Not sure I could sell it as i'm far too attached to it now. Getting up to 90,000 too, typical German engineering still feels as good as new. Interestingly I find the S4 slightly quicker when the turbo eventually kicks in!

Share this comment