free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit S4 (1993-1996) - Vehicles - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Esprit S4 (1993-1996)
By tinywillyuk, 23/08/05
  • 1 comment
  • Color Lotus Racing Green
  • Price 18500.00
  • Year 1994
  • Odometer 81000
  • Odometer Unit Miles
  • Description Owned since early 2001, this Esprit is 5 of 11 released to celebrate the winning of the 1994 BRDC GT Championship by the Esprit.

As such it came with a few cosmetic differences inspired by the racing colours of Lotus 17s and 11s, all of which remain except the wheels which were refurbished by a P.O and didnt retain their native yellow.

It has been kept as near original as possible with gentle improvements made in many areas. With more work planned, it became more of a lifestyle choice than just a car. One that keeps me smiling!

Edit for Summer 2007 - the car was taken off the road for 2006 and totally overhauled. This all followed the blockage of the fuel pump with rust (post refurbed tanks) - subsequently causing me to coast to a halt at the side of a busy road. Other elements such as leaking spine pipes, rusting brake lines (!) and problems with the ARB meant the upcoming MOT would've failed so off to work.
    During the project the car was worked over from front to rear. This included a new steering rack, replacement steering hydraulic lines, replacement brake lines all over, full precautionary engine rebuild (inc new pistons, liners, belts, oil pump, turbo - the whole works), aluminium fuel tanks, new discs and pads all around, new clutch, shocks, ARB, bushes, replacement spine pipes, overall POR15 treatment, new header tank, fuel pump donated by JasonS4S (who kindly leant me his engine hoist) and finally all new fluids.
    After 6 months on stands she was back on the road.. where she now belongs, better than ever and mechanically relifed.

Comments

[[Template collections/front/view/comments is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
IP.Board Collections by DevFuse