Lotus Esprit Turbo SE
By rudolphwolven, 24/10/06
  • 1 comment
  • Color Steel Blue
  • Price 40900
  • Year 1990
  • Odometer 48500
  • Odometer Unit Kilometers
  • Description Together with 3 other new LH-driven units (red, black and grey) my Turbo SE was imported to the Netherlands in 1990 by the official distributor those days; "Lotus Import Nederland BV", a subsidiary of the famous Dutch automotive distributor "Kroymans" (Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Saab, etc.)
    The official listprice (incl. taxes) in 1990 was Hfl 257.000,- (excl. delivery cost), beeing an equivalent (with the 1990 exchange rate of the GBP) of 79.300,- pounds.
    After 3 years driving with a total of 25.000 km's it was traded in at "Kroymans" by the first owner.
    I became the second owner after a couple of weeks of negotiation and payed in 1993 Hfl 90.000,- (Euro 40.900,-) for this car (35% of the original list price).
    The 3 years of ownership of the first owner were very costly for him; approx. 52.000,- pounds (solely for the depreciation costs). Compared to the distance of 25.000 km (15.625 miles) it is over 3 pounds per mile !!!
    With this example you can see again how expensive it is to own an exotic car in the Netherlands.
    Since my purchase in 1993 I have driven only 21.000 km's, which is 1.600 km's per year; this is not much. However since 2 years I am redundant and have the time now to drive this fantastic car more frequently.
    The running costs so far only consist of gasoline, insurance, road tax, the (few) regular service costs, etc. and one set of new tires.
    The only major repair (by the present importer/distributor "Van der Kooi") was a new turbo after I blowed it up during "duelling" with some other exotic car (shame).
    It is parked in my garage and permanently connected with a batterycharger/conditioner.
    It was a heavy decision for me 13 years ago to spent so much money for a single car, however (as expected) I did not regret it since then even a minute.
    The car is still in its original condition and looks "nearly new".
    Not any modification was made and I intend to maintain this.

Comments

[[Template collections/front/view/comments is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
IP.Board Collections by DevFuse