Lotus Esprit Turbo
By red vtec, 02/02/08
  • 0 comments
  • Color Steel Blue
  • Price 0.00
  • Year 1988
  • Odometer 90
  • Odometer Unit Miles
  • Description After many years of looking at various Esprits and not making the leap, I was out for a drive and just came across this one parked up on a driveway with a for sale sign on it. After giving it a quick look over I kept going back to look (kept saying buy me). Then spoke to the owner who took me out in it, whilst out he said fancy ago? See if you like it. Well got in it, gave it a drive, small pedal box, notchy gear box, loved it!

5 previous owners and 89k on the clock (over 20years) with a full service history. Did an HPI check came back clean. Had a good look round it and underneath and did the deal. Knocked some cash off as the rear brakes needed sorting.

Its not concours, but it is well above average. The wheels have been replaced with 17� GT3 wheels that I have refurbed in gloss black. I swapped the front hubs to allow fitment and have the old wheels in storage. I have refurbed the leather inside and changed some of the interior colour scheme to black to add some contrast. Installed a new heater panel from the Lotus parts sale as the old one was scruffy. Retriming the roof with some nice faux suede. Also put on a new gear knob as the old style one was ripped.
    I have had both rear callipers refurbed as they were shagged, had discs skimmed also replaced clutch hose with a S/S one now goes in gear easy.

Also fitted anew smooth number plate plinth also fitted front sport 300 rubber lip and replaced the front indicator/sidelight lens with some cool smoked ones. Also made some kick plates.

The tool kit is there, but sunroof bag and deflector have gone will be replaced over time.

I also need to sort the boot floor as it needs refitting correctly due to broken bolt holes.

The cars condition is excellent as it had, had a full respray and Sport 300 Spoiler fitted by the PO.

Things to do:
    The aircon also needs a regas. Fixed
    Carbon Fibre the dash as its cracked and is that horrible cheap plastic one.
    Make a shield for the manifold to stop water spraying on it.
    New aerial Fixed

Comments

[[Template collections/front/view/comments is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IP.Board Collections by DevFuse