Lotus Esprit (1987-1990)
By Dan, 17/03/05
  • 4 comments
  • Color Red
  • Price 15000.00
  • Year 1989
  • Odometer 20500
  • Odometer Unit Miles
  • Description Purchased in January 2004 from Paul Matty Sports Cars, had been in a private collection since 1992, clocking up approx 200 miles per annum according to MOT's. I bought it with 12,805 miles on the clock, and added 6,000 miles in the past year.

I was a little skeptical about how reliable it would be after all that time standing. however, the fact that it was immaculately presented inside, outside, and underneath, and Matty's reputation, convinced me to take a gamble.

Almost immediately the radiator started weeping, which Matty's replaced for me, of course, and a few months later the clutch master cylinder started weeping. Apart from that, it's had no real problems beyond wear & tear and/or adjustments, so concerns that it might have deteriorated in storage appear unfounded.

My intention is to keep it in as close to standard spec as is practical & sensible. I've wanted an Esprit since I was seven, and as a student I had the 1988 Esprit brochure pinned to my wall. I count myself very lucky to now have an identical car in my garage... ;-)

Comments

[[Template collections/front/view/comments is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
IP.Board Collections by DevFuse