free hit
counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Lotus does spend a fair amount of money in the US with internet marketing. Not much point in spending that money if they don't want to sell cars in America. The Evora and EvoraGT are perfect examples for their lack of desire for the US market. They also show the same mentality with a the Elise and Exige. No reason to update the airbags. It was simply easier to just not import them. The Elise is a amazing car to drive. A Exige 430 must be mind blowing. Yet, Adaptive airbags are to much of a hassle to sell a car in the US.
  3. $60,000.00 (0 Bids) End Date: Friday May-31-2019 17:12:43 PDT Bid now | Add to watch list Click to view item
  4. Do you guys get to vote on who becomes the new PM? If this sort of thing happens here, the party itself has a leadership battle and we minions end up having a PM that we never voted for who then runs everything they way they want to and potentially, any issue we voted a government in for, can get chucked out. A leadership spill can even happen when the PM doesn't quite, but the party has a whole heap of backstabbing etc. I hate politics. Possibly one of the biggest money sucking pits on the planet. I think they even beat lawyers and second hand car salesmen. The older I get, the more I think my vote is just a waste of time.
  5. Yesterday
  6. AC- compressors are so much cheaper In the States than In Europe. When I replaced mine, the prize of 150 dollars In US changed to 300 euros In here.
  7. BBQ FACTS We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion: (1) The woman buys the food. (2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert. (3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand. (4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman. Here comes the important part: (5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL. (6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery. (7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat Important again: (8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN. (9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table. (10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes And most important of all: (11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts. (12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women
  8. Who does anyone think it is going to be, and who else on here is going to get to vote on it if it gets whittled down to the last two? I thought about making this a Poll, but as everyman and his dog seems to be standing, decided not to, maybe closer to the time.
  9. Ventilation hose. #18 But you can just replace it with any vacuum hose of similar inner diameter. The foam cover is likely for abrasion and maybe heat protection.
  10. That car is a bloody bargain! I'd swap my wheels for yours any day xD
  11. Heard something yesterday that really made me think. It is so obvious I can't believe I hadn't heard it or thought it myself before......... If the Brexit vote had been reversed, ie a small majority had voted to remain, would there have been 3 years of crap calling for a new vote or trying to frustrate remaining in the EU?? Don't think so.......... Pretty much sums up the whole shit storm this has become. I hope to God that the new PM has big enough balls to leave at the end of Oct. No vote is needed, no agreement needed in Parliament. It is already legislated for. DO IT. Wake up the complacent bastards at home and in Brussels and then focus on sorting out free trade asap once we are out. And the £39bn can be spent on domestic things like care for the mentally ill or children with special needs. It really is a disgrace that in 2019 we are in the state we are in within these shores. Batten down the hatches, let other Countries sort themselves out and put our own house in order first. An American! How ironic!
  12. @GFWilliams I'm in (if u will have me) if the window fit looks good. Some of the attempts at mounts have been pretty poor... cheers
  13. Sorry @stephenwhyte I'm more impressed by the new Queensferry Crossing. That's one helluva bridge! Drive over it the other week in the rain. WOW! Queensferry is such a nice place in the evening. Still love the old Forth Road Bridge though. Such an elegant structure.
  14. Ha - no thankfully not.......but I like your TG reference
  15. Did he not want to throw rocks at it
  16. Well done! So far we are plus one but minus two! See you tomorrow, Richard
  17. Your old one (mine) is back to a standard S1 wheel now, I guess Simon swapped them in his ownership?
  18. £500.00 (0 Bids) End Date: Monday Jun-3-2019 21:47:27 BST Buy It Now for only: £9,000.00 Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list Click to view item
  19. £24,995.00 End Date: Monday Jun-3-2019 21:20:47 BST Buy It Now for only: £24,995.00 Buy It Now | Add to watch list Click to view item
  20. Top of the engine bay. Crankcase breather? The foam on mine isn't looking very healthy, but I'm unable to locate a part number of DeRoure. I assume the foam is purely for protection?
  21. I can't seem to find any pictures of this kit installed on any cars. Wondering if its worth it for a street/less than a handful of HPDEs a year. car is around 500HP. The gears, diff and clutch are going to be swapped out when this one fails, just trying to have my ducks in a line.
  22. MAG

Newb dilemma

It's Nautilus blue.... Thanks for all the help guys!
  23. Nice drive out tonight - met a guy from Argentina visiting Scotland.........boy did he love the Esprit - was drooling over it! Always nice to see other people reactions to a Lotus
  24. Nice night in South Queensferry
  25. I diet of ale and pies and you can add your own padding in a matter of weeks so not sure what the issue is really.
  1. Load more activity