free hit
counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Haha. Are we going to shoot another one??
  3. Today
  4. Oh, the ilx-f903d doesn't do Wireless CarPlay, and the newer generation Alpines aren't out in the UK still.
  5. The adapter plate from Poland does fit this gearbox apparently as one of the options is the M20 engine bolt pattern
  6. You can get high temperature contact adhesive, so make sure you use that. If you get the tins you can smear it into place rather than spraying. As mentioned above, the material would usually have some kind of foam backing and the S2 headlining was stitched so it was "panelled" although mine wasn't done like that and still looks nice.
  7. The ones I fitted were the Blueprint discs and they are fine. I did not know what they were before I bought them. I was just buying aftermarket discs from a reputable dealer, and that's what came. If I had seen the scotsdave discs I would have been tempted, but even with hindsight would have paid the extra for brand new. I am happy with my decision. It was 630.00 including pins, pads and discs. I think its one of those "you pays yer money and takes yer choice" scenarios!
  8. Welcome to TLF Josh, you take some lovely pics of your car, very nice :D
  9. You can also get one of these (and lots of other wonderful things) as a TLF Gold Member
  10. I can't believe Mike at lotus bits has no 45E's around as he does conversions to throttle bodies as well. I too am going to convert to throttle bodies as it takes out the biggest fire risk in the car. (and makes the engine run better) however I am not ready yet so my 45's are not for sale at the moment. (I'll keep an eye out for you for some 45E's, does he need 1 or 2 ? )
  11. Got any photos of your car, Dave? You must know how much we like photos... https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/15-introductions/
  12. I also tried to adjust the clock but was unsuccesful. I dis not jet find any info on how it should be done. So I tried the obvious solution and poked the two holes under the display with a couple of paperclips. Nothing happened. Is it broke or is there a trick to it? The clock works but its just a bit over an hour wrong.
  13. That must’ve been me, apologies for the late reply. I was in a hurry to get to the open pit lane before it shut, would’ve gladly said hi had I known!
  14. Thomas ( @TBD ) had great success with this type of unit in his Evora GTE. https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-newest-android-7-inch-single-din-octa-core-4gb-64gb-car-gps-navigation-system.html I use WAZE when in my VX220 and it is superb for Nav, and have used it concurrently with Google Maps to compare and with several in car sat navs in hire cars etc. Waze if of course no part of Google and a lot of the unique functionality from WAZE is now appearing in Google Maps. I also travel every week for work and Google Maps is just superb as it fully integrates to public transport so I can plan a route using car (taxi), trains and buses and it syncs with things like bus stops, train stations and the associated time tables. Wonderful tech to be honest and even better as not an Apple in sight!
  15. Any more info on these blueprint discs I am strongly considering Scotdave recommendation but this will be solely on price as my funds are really stretched due to have to also change front tyres soon
  16. Good luck with the sale John, Hope it goes and finds a new owner soon, a chance for someone on here to own a lotus rare car
  17. Welcome to the forum. Very nice looking car and will be a great project. buddsy
  18. Welcome to the forums Conner, Great looking project, Yes the glovebox is cardstock as standard lol, Make sure you change the cambelt asap before attempting to run the engine again or it will require another rebuild as it will be extremely fragile due to age and especially in your hot climate. If you are happy with the paintwork that is a bonus as that is what is the pain with lotus cars and becomes expensive during the resto, Just a retrim, tyres ,suspension, brakes and interior hopefully. P.S Also change out the banjo washers and the fuel line to the twin carbs as this is a common fire hazard and many old esprits have bben lost to this. Also fuel tanks are prone to rust on the esprit also Play it safe, cambelt and fuel line bits and you will be in the safe zone, Good luck and enjoy, Keep us posted, Great car by the way, S2 is in my eyes the best looking Esprit model
  19. Say is it possible to calibrate the spedomeeter, my car seems to have a differense of aproximately 20% and I find that a bit excessive.
  20. I did a bit more looking into the Blueprint discs and it turns out the brand is part of the Bilstein Group. Based on that, I’d say there would be nothing wrong with them either.
  21. Fitted these to my last Evora, they are better finished than the OEM discs as they have painted centres/hubs and don't rust as badly. In summary, i was more than happy with them.
  22. Congrats on new car, when do you pick up?
  23. Go for it. I'd guess a local place with one in stock would let you offer it up to see how it looks and whether it catches on anything. According to the blurb it has both angular and vertical adjustment.
  24. LED conversion. Oh. My. God. It’s literally like night and day, and arguably the most cost-effective improvement I’ve made on the car so far. Couple it with the 4-main beam modification, and the result is truly astonishing! I recommend that if you’re going to convert, you don’t buy cheap LEDs. I bought from https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/ superb quality kit.
  1. Load more activity