counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I would say Corbyn would be a lot, lot, worse! But then I am biased
  3. Thanks Andy, yeah most definitely one of my favourite tracks, highly recommend you give it a try The 2nd race was wet and getting airborne then was a little scary.
  4. Within our system we vote for our local MP that represents a party. Everyone get that? We do not vote for a PM, we vote for a party... that party gets to pick the leader. Then if that “ Party “ wins there’s your PM. If that party leader “ PM “ makes such a balls of it, the party has the mechanism to oust them or force them to resign. We couldn’t get any worse that the last bafoon
  5. brilliant video...lovely driven lap .track looks very very fast 40-46 secs, that looks like a tricky combination of corners where coudl easy get wrong ..... 1.09 secs - airborne..... must get out to this track somepoint...
  6. Today
  7. This guy is nuts about saab sonnets https://youtu.be/tkgkC--BmpA
  8. Happy Birthday Bibs , have a fab day
  9. Perfect for Johnson then!
  10. You have to question the motives of anyone standing to replace May. Basically she took the poison chalice and whoever replaces her will get the same. Regardless of your political leanings, whatever eventually happens as regards Brexit is going to piss off the majority of the population and they will largely blame whoever is the PM at the time. It’s therefore a short term gig.
  11. Good idea Tom, The return pipe may well be a pain to mig/stick weld though due to the small diameter, so i would suggest welding the cap holder in, and then the small diameter return pipe so you can check it has a clear path for coolanr return, and you can file excess weld of the inside if it penetrates the small pipe wall, Think the factory small pipe was maybe brazed for this reason then weld the sides on afterwards if that makes sense as you will need to get to the inside ,
  12. Just goes to show then that despite the whinging and moaning everywhere that the UK is still the home of democracy and our system is better than yours. just a shame your weather is so much better than ours! I'd trade those two things happily - even under WTO rules. The next thing will be a whole bunch of people banging on about how we need an election for a new PM - we don't - we are not a republic and so we don't vote for a President or a person to be PM, we vote for the party we want to govern the country and that parties leader becomes the PM. It's really simple but so simple than a significant portion of this countries people don't understand it, headed up by Corbyn, a big chunk of MP's and 99% of the journos and media in the UK. The whole thing went to rat chit when May called the General Election to cement her position when she took over from Cameron. She should have just turned around and told everyone to "feck off, Brexit means Brexit and I am here to deliver it so let's rock on....". Instead, her political arrogance and greed (at the thought of increasing her majority) lulled her into calling a disastrous General Election that has largely contributed to the shit storm we are in now. Let's get Boris in. Deliver a hard Brexit in 2 months, give him 6 months to bed it in and make sure it cannot be "stopped", then have a proper election.
  13. To be frank, because that is what the German car brand mass buyers have become conditioned to and buy - just look at Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche et al - I would bet that over 90% of every one of the millions of cars that they sell new have a black/charcoal interior. The journo's just love it, the buyers just love it, and cupholders everywhere! So, as i've said before Lotus just cannot win - no matter what it does there is always going to be someone who just lambasts them for it - probably being lambasted by the owner who has specc'ed a dark, bland interior in his German daily driver for the past 20 years!..... I deffo prefer a lighter interior - this was my 2010 S1 NA after I had finished with it and in my biased opinion it is even nicer than the one above! - simply a beautiful place to be and much nicer than my current 410 Sport - although, I have plans in place to rectify that!
  14. I couldn't agree more! What is it with the current crop of new Evoras (and Exiges): every single one has an interior which looks like a study in tomb-like greyness! Why have all these gorgeous paint options on the exterior then sit in something so Gothic, when you could have something that looks as good as this car instead!
  15. Absolutely spot on. Remain camp and numpties like Cable should be ashamed at the public money that has been squandered as a result of their intransigence. Shameful self interest in my humblest of opinions.
  16. I'm going to spend some time this weekend playing with my pressures as i feel the car on Nitrons feels much too "floaty". I was wondering what others are running ? Currently i'm running 28/32 with Nitron suspension and std Pirelli Corsa's
  17. NANO

Newb dilemma

@Mark: with this color, if you can, do a test with photoshop of the different colors (silver, black, matt black and possibly anthracite or other)
  18. I removed the Gentry bit. Over here the 'current party' is only the politicians that are in parliament. Paid up members don't even get a look in as far as I know. So essentially we can get a new PM based on the vote of about 40 people.
  19. Here in the UK it is the "current party" as you term it. The vote that would include non-MPs is only for paid-up members of the UK Conservative party. It's that (controlling majority) party's own rules that determine the leadership process. So it's not about whether you're Gentry or not that determines whether you have a say in the choice of PM, it's as simple as whether you applied and were accepted to that party. (and then carried on paying membership fees).
  20. So some of the public get a chance to vote once it is down to the last 2? Do I understand that correctly? Over here, it is just the current party. Sucks. We then end up paying PM support for them for the rest of their lives even though the public never voted that person in as PM. Here's hoping they depart us quickly after their 'term'. Notable shysters would be Julia Gillard, Scott Morrison. There would be many others, but searching for their names would only result in me needing to buy another computer as I would probably destroy my current one in an escalating fit of rage.
  21. I joined the Conservative party last September so as to be able to vote in this - £2.09 a month. Just hope there isn't s stitch up last time when the 2nd runner pulled out clearing the way for May - look how that turned out.
  22. Looks like another five minute job It seems about all the 40 year old expansion tanks are rotten. the bracket and filler neck is good This is about a fivers worth of steel. How hard can it be? I'll probably let you know.
  23. Only the 'grass roots' members of the Conservative Party get to vote on the new PM, after the Parliamentary party sort out the runners into the last 2 standing. Given that now there are only 125,000 paid up members, I guess there won't be many on here who will get to vote for the last 2
  24. Cadwell Park Race Weekend Report! Hi Everyone, This is just a quick one as I wanted to share my quickest lap from last weekend as I feel that I probably did my best lap yet in our Radical SR1, it is a slow process getting on top of these cars but everytime we go out we get a little bit faster which I guess is all I can ask for. My problem is that I love chasing lap time and here I can find reasonable speed now but I go slower in the races for some reason, not ideal I know so just need to treat the races like qualifying. This past weekend at Cadwell Park went pretty well, closed the gap to the front guys again, have to say that I absolutely love cadwell Park, probably my favourite track of the year, it is a stunning location and the track really is quite technical and challenging but it definitely rewards an attacking driver and getting air at the mountain is definitely a unique experience which keep you awake. So I went 4 seconds quicker than when I was Cadwell last year, I put it down to my new helmet design, if I knew it was going to make that much difference I would have done it earlier I was concentrating on carrying more speed into the corners which I am getting the hang of now, for once the below lap actually looks reasonably fast whereas last year they looked pretty pedestrian. I was mortified when I got home to watch my lap and find that the file was corrupted somehow but luckily I found some guys in California who somehow un-corrupted the file for me which was a huge relief, thanks guys. So anyway here is the lap, for me it is worth watching just for how beautiful the track is - Next Stop Brand Hatch in a couple of weeks Cheers, Paul.
  25. love red interiors alcantara or leather.. the s1 lotus recaros cs
  26. Cadwell Park Race Weekend Report! Hi Everyone, This is just a quick one as I wanted to share my quickest lap from last weekend as I feel that I probably did my best lap yet in our Radical SR1, it is a slow process getting on top of these cars but everytime we go out we get a little bit faster which I guess is all I can ask for. My problem is that I love chasing lap time and here I can find reasonable speed now but I go slower in the races for some reason, not ideal I know so just need to treat the races like qualifying. This past weekend at Cadwell Park went pretty well, closed the gap to the front guys again, have to say that I absolutely love cadwell Park, probably my favourite track of the year, it is a stunning location and the track really is quite technical and challenging but it definitely rewards an attacking driver and getting air at the mountain is definitely a unique experience which keep you awake. So I went 4 seconds quicker than when I was Cadwell last year, I put it down to my new helmet design, if I knew it was going to make that much difference I would have done it earlier I was concentrating on carrying more speed into the corners which I am getting the hang of now, for once the below lap actually looks reasonably fast whereas last year they looked pretty pedestrian. I was mortified when I got home to watch my lap and find that the file was corrupted somehow but luckily I found some guys in California who somehow un-corrupted the file for me which was a huge relief, thanks guys. So anyway here is the lap, for me it is worth watching just for how beautiful the track is - Next Stop Brand Hatch in a couple of weeks Cheers, Paul.
  27. Cadwell Park Race Weekend Report! Hi Everyone, This is just a quick one as I wanted to share my quickest lap from last weekend as I feel that I probably did my best lap yet in our Radical SR1, it is a slow process getting on top of these cars but everytime we go out we get a little bit faster which I guess is all I can ask for. My problem is that I love chasing lap time and here I can find reasonable speed now but I go slower in the races for some reason, not ideal I know so just need to treat the races like qualifying. This past weekend at Cadwell Park went pretty well, closed the gap to the front guys again, have to say that I absolutely love cadwell Park, probably my favourite track of the year, it is a stunning location and the track really is quite technical and challenging but it definitely rewards an attacking driver and getting air at the mountain is definitely a unique experience which keep you awake. So I went 4 seconds quicker than when I was Cadwell last year, I put it down to my new helmet design, if I knew it was going to make that much difference I would have done it earlier I was concentrating on carrying more speed into the corners which I am getting the hang of now, for once the below lap actually looks reasonably fast whereas last year they looked pretty pedestrian. I was mortified when I got home to watch my lap and find that the file was corrupted somehow but luckily I found some guys in California who somehow un-corrupted the file for me which was a huge relief, thanks guys. So anyway here is the lap, for me it is worth watching just for how beautiful the track is - Next Stop Brand Hatch in a couple of weeks Cheers, Paul.
  1. Load more activity