free hit
counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. New Rega Aethos Amplifier Now On Demo! Hi Everyone, Now this is an amp that a lot of people have been waiting for, me included, so I am really pleased to say that we now have the new Rega Aethos Amplifier on Permanent demo, just in time for our Rega Open Day, this coming Saturday, (November 23rd). Over the last few years Rega have proved extremely popular with their Amplifiers, especially with the Elex-R and Elicit-R, personally I love the Elex-R so the addition of the Higher End £2999 Aethos is bound to be a great success. First impression are that it is extremely heavy, thanks in part to it's gorgeous case which is very similar in design to Rega's Aura Phono Stage, as the Aethos is a Line Level amp only, with no built in Phono stage, I can see this amp being partnered with the Aura / Planar 10 a fair bit to give a pretty awesome analogue system, it is rated at 125 wpc into 8ohms so will drive the majority of speakers out there. Right better get it running in ready for Saturday's Open Day, please find more information on the Aethos below and a few pictures - https://hifilounge.co.uk/product-category/…/amplifiers-rega/ Cheers, Paul.
  3. Hi Everyone, Now this is an amp that a lot of people have been waiting for, me included, so I am really pleased to say that we now have the new Rega Aethos Amplifier on Permanent demo, just in time for our Rega Open Day, this coming Saturday, (November 23rd). Over the last few years Rega have proved extremely popular with their Amplifiers, especially with the Elex-R and Elicit-R, personally I love the Elex-R so the addition of the Higher End £2999 Aethos is bound to be a great success. First impression are that it is extremely heavy, thanks in part to it's gorgeous case which is very similar in design to Rega's Aura Phono Stage, as the Aethos is a Line Level amp only, with no built in Phono stage, I can see this amp being partnered with the Aura / Planar 10 a fair bit to give a pretty awesome analogue system, it is rated at 125 wpc into 8ohms so will drive the majority of speakers out there. Right better get it running in ready for Saturday's Open Day, please find more information on the Aethos below and a few pictures - https://hifilounge.co.uk/product-category/…/amplifiers-rega/ Cheers, Paul.
  4. welcome.......and congrats on your choice of rocket
  5. An update on my limp mode issue. Leven cleaned the throttle body connector, checked the pins and the wiring and all seemed good - however the car was still going into limp mode randomly. What was making it harder was the lack of error codes. Seemed to be some sort of ghost event. I took it back in last week, and they were able to reproduce the error and now think I need a new throttle body. At £2k a pop I'm glad I've got a 1ytr dealer warranty!! Fingers crossed this will finally sort it. To correct an earlier post- I had a new throttle installed - not a new throttle body - as they thought it was the drive by wire throwing the error.
  6. I have the pioneers mentioned above and these use the apple maps sat nav as it’s all convenient with calls messages music I did have an apparently upgraded Clarion but I think it was worse than stock alpine unit and it wasn’t apple car play so defeated the object I personally would go with pioneer Sony alike steer away from brands which are a little on unknown side ?
  7. Today
  8. Over the weekend I managed to get a little work done on test fitting the mesh discs on the intake side of the car. I tried two sizes to be safe and found the one size fitted perfectly inside the OEM intake elbow which is retained and connected to the back of the carbon scoops. The idea behind using a fabricated mesh disc is to keep the install simple and clean whilst also allowing the scoops to be used regardless of if using an aftermarket intake or OEM airbox. Have to say im very happy with the test fit. The disc is pretty tight on fitment but will be further secured using a jubilee clip around the outside of the intake elbow. Forgive the dirty car! This is the view when you get your head into the scoop and look up ... not that any normal person does this haha The discs are fabricated from stainless steel so my original plan of anodising black is not going to work. Thanks @GFWilliams for the reminder... so im going to get them powder coated black. Really happy how the kit is coming on
  9. @chris what steering center are you using? I've been looking for one, but can't find one that fits the Esprit steering wheel.
  10. And I thought ockers were supposed to be to be tough bastards. Tell him to man-up, and get on with it.
  11. Did you check the ptfe rollers inside the big gear? I can't tell from the pictures. If they fail, little or no torque will be transmitted. Might be enough to turn the small lever with no load, but certainly not enough to open the pod. Filip
  12. I am going to have a look under the dash again to make sure that the rod is in the correct hole on the pedal as well. I am positive is as if I recall, the pedal only has one hole for the rod..
  13. I wouldn't bother with a headunit with built in nav. Get a head unit that supports Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Then the maps are constantly kept up to date, you'll also benefit from live traffic data and police/camera hot spots. This also has the benefit of more choices of sources. Deezer, spotify, podcast and Tunein (radio). Tunein is a big advantage as your not relying on the poor aerial that Lotus fitted to the Evora for a signal. Look at the normal brands such as Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer and alpine. If your on a budget you'll get a Sony for about £260 with the above. Chinese head units look appealing with all the bang for buck you get with features. But the amplifiers are normally terrible and the bluetooth quality piss poor.
  14. Pretty sure I came across the spring when researching clutch adjustment after putting the engine back in my first SE (turned out to be air trapped somewhere), but I can't remember where. And yes, sorry, I only listed the spring, not the bracketery that goes with it. My parts cat lists it as an option, but doesn't mention it's for the Sport 300 or S4s only. Filip
  15. jep

Evora NA MPG

It certainly was....120 mph most of the time with many clear stretches to nip up to 140 plus. Even met a G Esprit, well zipped past it. Evora brakes just fab; the occasional hard jab at 140 caused no drama and scrubbed speed easily. Justin
  16. I’ll be in my V6 next year, for certain. Only had it a year. Motorsport green is an awesome colour though.
  17. That’s very interesting to know. SJ list the springs which @Escape mentioned but there’s some other bits needed as well
  18. This is a Stutz.......so yes very similar and just as dangerous as the Onyx!
  19. I thought the assistor spring was fitted to the 300 Sport & S4s only as their clutch is twice as heavy as an S4. It's not just the spring though, you need some bracketry as well . I had the spring fitted to my S4s & it about halved the required pedal pressure.
  20. Yes, they are heavy. But there is an assist spring available (B082J6144F). I remember reading in the SE workshop manual the assist spring can be removed for a more sporty driving experience. Neither of my SEs had it fitted, I certainly never considered getting one. But if the heavy clutch is bothering your potential buyer, it might be an easy solution. Filip
  21. ebay

[eBay]Lotus Exige S

£69,950.00 End Date: Wednesday Dec-18-2019 8:23:07 GMT Add to watch list Click to view item
  22. You could mount under the dash and make a bracket so it hangs underneath instead. If its thin enough you won't even see it Maybe a brushed finish might work?
  23. £47,000.00 End Date: Wednesday Dec-18-2019 7:29:35 GMT Add to watch list Click to view item
  24. Oh, and the bonnet still shuts which was one of my main aims #sleeper I may even be able to shim it all up slightly to get a bit more sump - ground clearance. The sump is a fair bit below the crossmember so will be needing a substantial guard making to protect it.
  25. They are heavy - I’ve never really noticed - but others who have driven mine have
  1. Load more activity