free hit
counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Very complimentary article given the age of the current series of Evora but the last paragraph threw me facelifted 400, Im sure Auto car have driven the 400 Lotus Evora (2009 - now): Blessed with superb handling and an uncanny ability to brush off the most brusque of bumps, the Lotus Evora is the connoisseur’s choice. Whether you go for an early car, a facelifted 400, a lightweight Sport 410 or the GT430, you’ll have a brilliant B-road hack. Early examples start from £28k, while post-facelift cars with an improved gearbox are closer to £60k.
  3. @GFWilliams what’s holding your car up? Looks as if its balanced in the middle?? cheers
  4. Deadly thanks a mill! the more the merrier. I've never rebuilt an engine by the way, done a top end but that's as far as it went. So we're quits far as I'm concerned Got the windscreen top frame cut out the last few days and a replacement one back in today, so I'm going at the Range Rover all guns blazing now. Hopefully the windscreen still fits, doesn't break and doesn't leak.
  5. I have a similar issue with my S1. Basicly few weeks ago I was driving it like I do everyday when I noticed a louder than usual humming noise. After a few minutes the engine turn off. All the signs seemed to point at the fuel pump so I got a new one and changed it. Unfortunately a few days ago I ended up in the same situation with the new pump. The engine turned off and when I attempted of get it running again, it barely hold minimun and had almost no response with the gas pedal. That was the last time I was able to get it running. My mechanic checked the new pump which is perfectly working. The problem is that the spark plugs don't get electricity so the is some fault with the electric circuit. The problem is where...Any advice?
  6. Today
  7. $27,995.00 End Date: Monday May-20-2019 13:54:56 PDT Buy It Now for only: $27,995.00 Buy It Now | Add to watch list Click to view item
  8. Compression ratios are different, so would be complete strip-down and replace lots of internals, carbs are set to have boost both sides of the fuel, lots of differences. I'd agree with Buddsy, easier and cheaper to sell NA and buy Turbo car. In your original post you stated "..the options for moderate turbo boost (nothing extreme) and therefore greater reliability...." I'd say the NA is more reliable.
  9. Autocar have just done a back to back against the new Porsche 911 v Audi R8 V10 and Lotus Evora 410 Although the 911 Comes out top - the Lotus does really well - https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/new-porsche-911-vs-audi-r8-v10-vs-lotus-evora-gt410
  10. I'm budgeting for 15K, including changer mechanism. Still need to come down on a clutch solution, so that the details for the transmission can be confirmed to XShift for a pricing. As I get more details, I'll be happy to share.
  11. If I were you Id sell the N/A and buy a turbo. The N/A cars are desired in their own right. I fear you would be making your car less valuable while costing the price of turning to a turbo. No doubt it could be done but unless you are really emotionally attached to this car I dont see the point. buddsy
  12. I'll be bringing some to Castle Combe - is that OK? Price is £7 each or £10 for a mug with a window sticker. Cheers, Richard
  13. Decent weather and an Esprit on the drive. Love it! Finished stripping out the front today whilst kicking off a nice tan. Everything's pretty nasty. Fortuitously I treated myself to a Milwaukee cordless reciprocating saw last week, and it proved invaluable today. Pressed out the awful upper wishbone bushes on a vice, but need to clear a path to my press for the heavy stuff tomorrow. Of course, I now need bunch of replacement balljoints and fixings. I can't imagine what kind of callous, neglectful previous owner would have left it in such a state... And some geezer left this piece of tat in front of my house this morning...
  14. Mines now done 105k... and about half as bad as that, time for new shocks, springs and arm bushes..
  15. Hey Travis, Steel or aluminum for that caliper bracket?
  16. Thanks to a new press fleet, Lotus is back to being a darling again. Despite being 10 y/o and facing the latest offering from Stuttgart the Evora GT410 Sport is getting glowing reviews. It bodes well for the upcoming sports car they are going to present next year. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/new-porsche-911-vs-audi-r8-v10-vs-lotus-evora-gt410
  17. i will be there. Such nice weather and i won't miss an opportunity to take my Elise for a drive
  18. Had to give him £50 plus a dog biscuit thats why Sparky is having so much fun lying underneath it
  19. Great Phil! Anyone can come. We have opened this up to accommodate other models
  20. You certainly had some very good weather for the drive home. The transmission is a bit louder than other cars and is completely normal. Enjoy!
  1. Load more activity