free hit
counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi Chillidoggy , I have a dyno result before and I plan to Dyno again after I fit it. It may be difficult to interpret the results due to my other modifications. I believe it increases VE at higher RPMs. My tuner at Emerald is very good at explaining the Dyno results I will ask him. Dave Changes will have the a lot of dyno info on this. Mark K
  3. Don’t say that! I’m doing the pin stripes tomorrow!
  4. Nice work. Glad to see this project still moving along! buddsy
  5. The whole lot went in one transaction. I was selling by the foot but they took the lot. I'm not surprised that it sold quickly since it's now impossible to find in decent lengths and 1970's and 1980's cars that this was fitted to are being restored now, as we know... Mike from lotusbits said to me once when I was trying to track down a wing mirror, that when someone is spending £60k on restoring a car they want the right parts. I'm glad I got it when I did. It looks great on the cars and changes the look a great deal. With the pinstripes on, it looks very original now although the pinstripes were more difficult than the trim
  6. I’ve recently upgraded from an Exige Sprint to a 350 Sport, so far so good really enjoying the extra grunt and superior build quality. Just ordered a 2bular Valved Road back box to add some more pops and bangs.
  7. Good result for you. Don’t suppose you know if it sold to Elite/Eclat owners or not? Or just someone who wanted some trim.
  8. Think I've found a new hobby, completely opposite to the Exige. Bonsai. Really relaxing and gives me long term goals. Repotted a few today and added some moss and rocks, slowly learning how to make it like a mini landscape rather than a potted tree/plant
  9. Ok cool. Am happy with it so far. Will see if it remains stuck when I remove the tape tomorrow.
  10. Today
  11. Now I'm back home and the car run for a totaly of 470km this weekend No other problems than the ones mentioned earlier.
  12. That's exactly what mine looked liked yesterday. This is the best image I could find of the original fitment I checked the adhesive I used yesterday this morning and it is all good and looks just the same as the photo above but with shiny white paint and good chrome. Picture of new tomorrow.
  13. What a difference... A cleaning and a chrome rings make..
  14. Cut the leather and installed the dash vents. Scary, but happy with results.
  15. Little bit of a noise from the front left. Decided to have a look. The anti roll bar bolt had undone! I can't blame anyone as I built it! Still torqued back up, both front wheel bearings adjusted and I made it to Newlands corner. Engine needs tuning constantly, else the shutdown backfire comes back! Running real,well with a small leak from the cam shaft cover! A young lad was telling his dad how he had that car at home. I laughed to myself, I remember being in that situation in July 1977 - but no longer!
  16. The Surrey Branch of the forum out at Newlands Corner. Ooops cant upload the pics?
  17. There's a tube frame Esprit project here https://www.facebook.com/F1-Motorsports-Lotus-Esprit-S3R-178516808826230/
  18. I know you can get very close indeed with wrap, but I'd rather "do it properly" and paint it to get it absolutely perfect. The car needs a couple of touchups anyway, so I'll get it all done at the same time.
  19. I agree on the strip color -- it's not close enough to pass muster or "mustard" to keep the color theme going. Before you paint, have you checked with a local "wrap" installer to get a detailed color chart of available wraps? You might get lucky and find one that is "close enough". There are several quality "wrap" manufacturers and they will send you samples directly upon request. Some different manufacturers' sample color charts available here.... http://www.ultimatewrapsfl.com/color-chart/
  20. I put it on temporarily to see if I like it. I do like it, but I don't like the yellows not matching. I will get it done properly in paint at some stage I think.
  21. Excellent progress today - sunning and drinking in the garden in glorious weather. Sod the GT3.
  22. @GFWilliams -- Hey GF, when did the striping go on the splitter and barge boards? I, obviously, think it looks good.
  1. Load more activity