free hit
counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I just looked it up. 263 corners and 800m elevation in just 19km of road.
  3. Thanks ramjet!! Oooo that sounds amazing. God it’d be great to do an AU wide trip in it
  4. Welcome to TLF Josh. Since you are in Brisbane, you need to take yourself up to Cairns (yes, I know it is a bit of a way) and do the road up to Yungaburra in the Tablelands. The Gillies Range Road. Take your father in his Evora as well. One of the twistiest pieces of road I can remember. Mind you, I was 11. Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help.
  5. Yeah about that, the release of a GT4 Concept would seem to indicate that the Evora will remain in production for a little while longer and that the new car will come in addition to it. That would mean the car comes either slightly below in terms of range or slightly above... Remember that JMG hinted at the fact that the Exige would be the first car replaced? Well I think the upcoming car may be an Evora based Exige, roomier than the current Exige, with all the bells and whistles Lotus can throw at it using Geely components, yet smaller than the Evora and priced lower at the bottom end but on par, if not higher at the top end. Then again the car would be more extreme than any Evora could be at the top end while being able to outgun the competition further down the range, a Cayman killer and at the same time 911 GT3 hunter. The absolute momentum car on track but with a powertrain that will pack very serious punch... 450bhp or more from the engine and because Geely has one on shelf and they will have plenty of time to make it bulletproof a 7 speed DCT gearbox, while still catering for the manual drivers with another refinement on the venerable Aisin BG6... With Geely backing them Lotus now has the legs to ask for a bespoke version.
  6. ramjet

Good Evening

Welcome to TLF Andrew. Lovely looking car. And you apologised for the backdrop further up. Was there one? I couldn't see it for the gorgeous Evora. Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help.
  7. Today
  8. Yesterday
  9. At half the price of a 400, I am sure that makes the early Evora the bargain of the decade, for some a better looking car, the 400 yes a great car and basically where we are today be it 410, 430. Me for one can not wait for the next incarnation, what will be based on the same platform, but what’s been leaked will be radically different in many ways and believe me for the better, that’s the only way Geely know how to operate.
  10. Very complimentary article given the age of the current series of Evora but the last paragraph threw me facelifted 400, Im sure Auto car have driven the 400 Lotus Evora (2009 - now): Blessed with superb handling and an uncanny ability to brush off the most brusque of bumps, the Lotus Evora is the connoisseur’s choice. Whether you go for an early car, a facelifted 400, a lightweight Sport 410 or the GT430, you’ll have a brilliant B-road hack. Early examples start from £28k, while post-facelift cars with an improved gearbox are closer to £60k.
  11. @GFWilliams what’s holding your car up? Looks as if its balanced in the middle?? cheers
  12. Deadly thanks a mill! the more the merrier. I've never rebuilt an engine by the way, done a top end but that's as far as it went. So we're quits far as I'm concerned Got the windscreen top frame cut out the last few days and a replacement one back in today, so I'm going at the Range Rover all guns blazing now. Hopefully the windscreen still fits, doesn't break and doesn't leak.
  13. I have a similar issue with my S1. Basicly few weeks ago I was driving it like I do everyday when I noticed a louder than usual humming noise. After a few minutes the engine turn off. All the signs seemed to point at the fuel pump so I got a new one and changed it. Unfortunately a few days ago I ended up in the same situation with the new pump. The engine turned off and when I attempted of get it running again, it barely hold minimun and had almost no response with the gas pedal. That was the last time I was able to get it running. My mechanic checked the new pump which is perfectly working. The problem is that the spark plugs don't get electricity so the is some fault with the electric circuit. The problem is where...Any advice?
  14. $27,995.00 End Date: Monday May-20-2019 13:54:56 PDT Buy It Now for only: $27,995.00 Buy It Now | Add to watch list Click to view item
  15. Compression ratios are different, so would be complete strip-down and replace lots of internals, carbs are set to have boost both sides of the fuel, lots of differences. I'd agree with Buddsy, easier and cheaper to sell NA and buy Turbo car. In your original post you stated "..the options for moderate turbo boost (nothing extreme) and therefore greater reliability...." I'd say the NA is more reliable.
  16. Autocar have just done a back to back against the new Porsche 911 v Audi R8 V10 and Lotus Evora 410 Although the 911 Comes out top - the Lotus does really well - https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/new-porsche-911-vs-audi-r8-v10-vs-lotus-evora-gt410
  17. I'm budgeting for 15K, including changer mechanism. Still need to come down on a clutch solution, so that the details for the transmission can be confirmed to XShift for a pricing. As I get more details, I'll be happy to share.
  18. If I were you Id sell the N/A and buy a turbo. The N/A cars are desired in their own right. I fear you would be making your car less valuable while costing the price of turning to a turbo. No doubt it could be done but unless you are really emotionally attached to this car I dont see the point. buddsy
  19. I'll be bringing some to Castle Combe - is that OK? Price is £7 each or £10 for a mug with a window sticker. Cheers, Richard
  20. Decent weather and an Esprit on the drive. Love it! Finished stripping out the front today whilst kicking off a nice tan. Everything's pretty nasty. Fortuitously I treated myself to a Milwaukee cordless reciprocating saw last week, and it proved invaluable today. Pressed out the awful upper wishbone bushes on a vice, but need to clear a path to my press for the heavy stuff tomorrow. Of course, I now need bunch of replacement balljoints and fixings. I can't imagine what kind of callous, neglectful previous owner would have left it in such a state... And some geezer left this piece of tat in front of my house this morning...
  1. Load more activity