free hit
counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Might be easier looking for the Jaguar E-type information. Same 3-pot Girling caliper. Pete
  3. It does get really expensive with a fan heater on for hours! Pete
  4. Hi everyone Looking for a current part number for front calipers for an eclat 521. I understand that the parts cross reference spreadsheet on the forum has a girling number but it's not much use. Being in the trade I'm sure I can get them if I can find a good number to work with. Thanks in advance Rich
  5. How were the doors before you took them off? That's the only way of checking the bushes to see if they're OK. For me it's false economy to not change the bushes when stripping the doors down this far. I fitted oiled brass ones. They were like a dream.
  6. I agree with Ian, regarding that foam above the radiator. I renewed mine and with special heat resistant closed cell foam, partially to resist heat, partially to resist keeping water trapped for a prolonged period of time. I painted it black with high temp spray and glued it on with high temp spray glue. Congrats on having fired it up again and I wish you many years of full enjoyment with your Esprit. Truly marvelous cars! So, in the end, did you take preventative measures like for example Pancos Speed Shop did? Kind regards, jacques
  7. Today
  8. $42,950.00 End Date: Thursday Dec-19-2019 12:41:02 PST Buy It Now for only: $42,950.00 Buy It Now | Add to watch list Click to view item
  9. Took less than an hour to install. It truly is Plug and play. It just needs the Time, Date, MPH/KPH, C or F Setting and then the dash putting into learn mode for the gear change to set itself on a road test. All this is done from the 4 external buttons on the new binnacle Sorry cant post pictures
  10. Looks like its the control unit. So looks I need to run a new wire also. Has anyone done this? Any pictures? thx
  11. andyj007

lotusless

Far from muppetisim some of your posts very on point, have given me a propper chuckle.. at times. Never dissapointed reading your replies Far from muppetisim some of your posts very on point, have given me a propper chuckle.. at times. Never dissapointed reading your replies
  12. Reached out on Lotus talk but didn't get the info. My Evora 400 didn't come with its tool pouch so I ordered the lug bolt adaptor from Hethelsports and a T25 drive from amazon and next Id like to buy a simple shouldered eye bolt for towing. In need of its specs; size and thread, left turn or not. Any help here? Thanks
  13. Okay, so I'll install the steel one and steel bolts, and have it cryo treated beforehand. Kind regards, Jacques
  14. Something doesn't add up.
  15. Pete, many thanks. Id forgotten about the curing temperature, I’ve got plenty of other jobs to do so I think I’ll leave this one until the spring
  16. HI all. First post but have been reading as much as I can on this forum as I learn more about Lotus. I found myself in similar position with regards to the V6 vs CUP250. I will prodominately use the car on track and the the lower running costs and lighter weight of the 250 has led me to conclude that the 250 is the one for me. I came across this thread and thought it was strange the 250 may be flagged for noise as they dosnt seen loud at all and one of its appeals is that im hoping that I can use on all UK tracks with no sound issues. I'm undecided if I want an older cup250 eith the added aero or the newer 250s with the great open shifter. Not that much difference in prices either. In regards to noise I'm intrigued if there was any exhaust changes in the my17.5 model. Search continues for the right car at the right price but in pretty close to decideming and joint the fold.
  17. Dan E

General Election.

Oh that is my sons maths tutor, what is she doing on here?
  18. Neil, these are the guys - https://www.cyclonebuildings.com/ that I've shortlisted for my garage build next year. I can't vouch for them as yet, but they seem good.
  19. As Pete said - Chevy V8. Specifically a 350ci, circa 1977. Still carbureted, but converted to HEI. While we're talking about it (and I *do* like talking about it) - it runs a Muncie 4-speed and a Jag XJS rear end. This (pictured) is the same car, in its current livery (also humble-bragging about how the nose comes off. )
  20. Looks like two left and they are different shoes she really shouldn’t be allowed out without her carer
  21. pete

General Election.

Has she got her shoes on the wrong feet
  22. You’ve mixed up the wires on it
  23. Hmm, now how can I be polite about this ?
  24. A small issue we had was with the fuel gauge sending unit.. My old fuel gauge sending unit was very slow and seemed to show inaccurate readings.. I would fill it up and it would take 20 minutes to show the actual fuel level.. So I bought a new one and now with 1/3 fuel it shows 100% full , but the low fuel light is on !! Very weird !! Any ideas ?
  25. I haven’t heard of a fire starting in that area of an Esprit before, as has been said, the temperatures are way too low. And I’m not going to throw rocks at your mechanic. You can do that if your engine blows up again!
  26. Time for another Sunday breakfast gathering for some of the finest bacon rolls around. In collaboration with the "little cars" this is our regular third Sunday of the month event, a chance to gather with like-minded enthusiasts and a cross section of Lotus models. An informal gathering with no particular runs in or out organised, just a chance to chat, look at cars and take in the view. Join from 9.00 when the café opens for bacon rolls. We'll probably be around until 10.00/10.30. Location map for Newlands Corner here Note that there is a charge for parking. First 20 mins are free (but you still need to get a ticket) then £1.30 an hour. Payment by credit/debit card or mobile phone (extra fees apply) but not cash. To get the free 20 mins press the green button on the ticket machine before entering any payment.
  1. Load more activity