free hit
counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yep Mexico exact same, dark in shade and bright in sun. Pops when properly detailed. Belive it not riviera even lighter than Mexico but the bright sun pic makes it look brighter. That whole palette up to Vodoo blue all look stunning
  3. Very nice! I really like your colour choice.
  4. Thanks,,,,, It really is a sublime colour that changes under different lighting. heres a better pic
  5. I just want to sanity check my plans before I spend my day tomorrow removing my old four pots and more importantly, getting rid of them. Right now I have Lotus spec AP 4 pot on 308mm fronts and standard Brembo rear on 295mm rotors. It's clear to me that the braking is not right - I guess too front biased, which means they lock fairly easily and the car dives a lot under braking. I far prefer the braking of a friends car with standard brakes and upgraded discs, although that's still not perfect, especially in the wet. I found the BOE article suggesting the Elise works well with a ~55% static front bias, so I've picked up some lotus motorsport rear callipers with 38mm pistons. (Standard rears are 36, standard 2 pots are 44) I plan to remove my 4 pots, and put the original 2 pots on the front. According to a basic static bias calculator, this would give me 59% front bias. 57.5% if I stick 308mm rotors on the rear as well. 4 pots front and the old 2 pots rear would give 56% front with the same size rotor, but would that require a master cylinder upgrade? Has anyone tried it? Am I missing anything else that the four pots are offering me, though? Does anyone else run with 2 pot front and rear? Obviously, ideally, I want to be running a balance bar pedal box, but I've yet to settle on anything to do that yet, so I'm just looking for a short term win initially.
  6. A man of good taste I specced my GT4 in Mexico blue and Riviera was a close second. That REALLY suits an Exige and if I was speccing would be exactly how I’d do it. Well done sir! Ps anyone else who’s speccing a 430 / 410 acid green would also look epic.
  7. Today
  8. Great day up at Knockhill today. Lots of Lotus in attendance - click here Passenger run in the GT410 - click here Plenty of action out on track - click here
  9. If I was in his position, I would not consider webers. choise 1 : the search for a dellorto . Should be possible choise 2 : convert it to trottle bodies and a modern progra:mmable ecu with lambda. That should convert the 912 in an even, more refined engine, with good starting and running in all condition.
  10. $41,414.00 End Date: Thursday Apr-25-2019 14:00:00 PDT Buy It Now for only: $41,414.00 Buy It Now | Add to watch list Click to view item
  11. Have often used Waze for nav on the way down past Grenoble to the Alpes, and also down to Toulouse many times, it's brilliant in my opinion. I think in response to your poke @Bravo73, the stuck-on-iPad look might be less obvious due to the already recessed location of the units in the non-4xx Evoras, I'd hope it could be positioned barely any further forward than the top cowling?
  12. H,i it is not difficult to understand if it is an original highwing. All the highwings have ABS brakes, they have a rear door without glass and front rubber lip spoiler, the inside trim is like the SE but the seats are different, similar to the S4, the tunnell is lower than the SE, and the heating panel is like the s4. In practice inside it is an s4 but with the old steering wheel, the old wiper and indicators levers, old doors panels,but with a new tunnel and heating panel and new seaters From 1991 the badge lotus se were moved from the body to small glass , a new rear writing lotus badge and new gear knob are used ,this in all SEs, so also the SE HW is the same . I have 1991SE and I have the badge in rear quarter window ,new rear lotus badge and new gearknob like SE hightwing but I have old tunnel and old seats. this is se Highwing seat you can see here the differences between 89 / 90 and 1991
  13. Howards Lotus are pleased to offer this gorgeous Evora S Sports Racer finished in Nightfall Blue metallic. The car comes with the normal Sports Racer options which includes Tech pack, Premium pack and Black pack. As a result the car comes with all the options you could wish for with things such as satellite navigation, hands free telephone, reverse camera, heated seats etc all coming as standard. This particular car is a 2 owner example with a Full Lotus Service History and recently serviced. We are able to organise finance (subject to status) and are happy to take part exchange. We are ideally located adjacent to Weston-Super-Mare train station and just a 30 minute drive from Bristol airport. We are happy to collect you from both locations. To avoid disappointment we operate on an appointment only basis as most of our vehicles are stored off site in undercover storage. Established as a single family owned garage in 1972, Howards have evolved into a multi-site group with dealerships not only in our hometown of Weston-super-Mare but also Taunton, Yeovil and Dorchester, we have 14 dealerships overall. With over 40 years of automotive heritage, we are proud of the experience and reputation we have gained for delivering quality products and services that our customers can trust. All of this is underpinned with the value and convenience expected from a modern retailer. The post 2015/15 Lotus Evora S Sports Racer appeared first on lotusforsale.com. Click to view item
  14. Assuming the linkage is free, revs slow to return to idle is indicative of an air leak, or possibly completely out of balance. Not idling could possibly be fouled idle jets (or not...),which can easily be checked by removing the small cover on top of the carbs, which gives access to the idle and main jets.
  15. Is the car in regular use? Has the issue suddenly appeared? Have the carbs been apart recently?
  16. I assumed that they actually wanted to get to the venue
  17. I didn't realise that you could carry a passenger!
  18. Not far from me, but don’t fancy driving it, it’s only got three wheels 🥴
  19. Just for interest factor - I received my cert. of provenance from Andy Graham today. My #002 was purchased new by me back in early June 1999. The data from Andy confirms what I was told at the time. 1 prototype car produced #002 was the first European S350 to be finished, so first of 42 for Europe and the only S350 registered without A/C. If you don't have a cert. I would recommend contacting Andy Graham, as it's nice to have some additional detail on our cars. Mike S
  20. They'd be better off stripping it for parts. But they do invite you to go round for a test drive! Anyone local fancy a run out to report back on how it goes?
  21. Oh!....and I was just about to offer the Onyx
  22. Jean, If I had a million to spare it'd probably be spent on a collection of Esprits with the remainder spent on the upkeep
  23. I once took and engine apart and put it back together - however a full car would be a massive undertaking for me to be honest. Wouldn't know where to start! You're shows are absolutely brilliant - I've recommended them to a few mates who will check it out.
  1. Load more activity