free hit
counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Will do my best to, although depends if I end up staying while they install it. Debating whether I get some 380 Cup carbon side pods to install while one side is off the car anyway... I haven't done huge amounts of trackdays, but intend to do more this year. I have Spa booked for 1st October and would like to do Donnington and Snetterton over summer. I'll likely book Silverstone over winter when it's a bit cheaper again, would like to do it just after it gets the new surface...
  3. GFWilliams

Newb dilemma

Car feels much nicer on the forged wheels. Keep them!
  4. Whilst idly surfing and looking for ideas for projects that I can put on a shelf and never get around to. I came across this thread https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/esprit-v8-coil-plug-conversion-77429/ and it makes the interesting comment in the opening paragraph "Idle is much smoother, fires on the first crank, zero high-RPM miss". It makes me wonder if the coils could also be an candidate for issues? The article is interesting, it seems to use an MW Ignitions Pro 14 CDI unit and AEM coils. The Pro 14 is a 4 Channel CDI so maybe there are two of them or the setup is driving a two sparks per channel and wasting one?? The other slightly alarming issue if the MW Ignition documentation states that you should never use AEM Pencil Coils with its controller. See page 6 https://www.mwignitions.com/pdf/Pro-14 S3 instructions.pdf. I wonder if anything went bang? cheers -Chris
  5. Yes those special chromed screws which fit the interior door handles graunch up after unscrewing a few times even if using the correct size driver. I keep meaning to try to find some chromed socket-head dome screws, which would likely only be available in metric. Using a ball-ended hex driver they should not graunch up.
  6. Thanks, that's what I thought and good to know you can modify without worry about updating the tune with each modification, and that you can do that later after you have finalised your flow mods. I suppose on the Sport 410 my worry is the colour mismatches of the roof, hatch carbon, side glass covers, etc. on the black model but I will need to see it in person. I'm trying to arrange a visit and test drive at B&C to check out one of their regular 400s, Sport 410, and for fun an Exige Sport 350 although I have passenger-ed in a Cup 360 and it is just too damn small inside and hard to get into (6'3"). I quite like this car as well as the Orange 400 at B&C, but I have been told the red alcantara is not a very nice shade in person and to steer clear of an early car such as this 2015:
  7. Today
  8. Happy Birthday Bibs!
  9. Finally the electrics on the drivers door are installed and tested. Lucas connectors and those locking terminals did the trick. The next problem is I can't put the door handles on because the screws are Philips 10 UNF x 3/4 inch long. The way around all of these screws anomalies is to retap the threads to metric with the next size up. Much cheaper and easier to get hold of. Why then have I ordered 10 of these screws? The wiring on these cars is thankfully very simple. Of course the Turbo is much more complicated than the S1, so the S1 is simplicity itself. It just looks complicated when it's a ball of wires! The best addition in the Turbo is the cigarette lighters. Not because I want to smoke but because alll modern kit needs a 12 volt power source. I should have put a power supply in the S1. If you are rewiring I would add a power socket before it's complete.
  10. I noticed the 430s come with this level of adjustment on the runners. I’ve added padding where you commented on in my 410 for similar reason, but might try the runners as it was effective on the evora 410 seats.
  11. Yup. Enjoy! Happy Birthday!
  12. Have a great day mate.
  13. NANO

Newb dilemma

what color is the car ?
  14. B. Keep them, but get dealer to do a colour change - so it is all done when you collect.
  15. Flour Mill, Flour Mill Machinery, Grain Silo, Grain Storage Silo, Wheat Flour Mill, Maize Flour Milling Machine, Steel Silo, Storage Silo, Corn Flour Mill.

http://www.goldrainmachine.com/

16. Was going to give you this, but can't get down there today...
  17. MAG

Newb dilemma

Yes, this is what's messing with my head as I know it's a premium option and also better for performance and handling but cosmetics matter to me too
  18. Hi to all !! I recently changed head gaskets on my V8 (used OEM to be safe) and also replaced water pump, thermostat, Idle Control Valve, Oxygen Sensors, Spark Plug Cables, and all gaskets relevant to intake... My car starts easily when cold... but will hesitate (crank but not start) when warm... I am thinking it has to do maybe with corrosion around the battery terminals... It is the easiest thing to change... IF that doesn't work, what do you think i should do next? MAP sensor, fuel injectors, secondary fuel injectors, etc ??? Thanks !!
  19. Hey Everyone, decided to go ahead and get that Momo Steering Wheel I had been eye balling for some time. (going in my 1989 Lotus Esprit Turbo.) I have read about some Esprit owners getting some kind of plate that more or less gives you the Bolt pattern you need for any standard Momo, That and some guys have had something made on a lath.. Anyone have any experience with the Conversion Kit from SJ SPortscars.. I have ordered a lot of stuff from Steve that has worked out well.. Steve did say however that the boss is thick and thus a flat wheel is best.. I ordered a Wheel that seem to have a minimal Dish,, Still some of this stuff is hard to really figure out unless you have everything in front of you.. Any Thoughts?
  20. Had the same problem. Only solution I found was to bring the throttle on the same height as the brake pedal.
  21. £27,995.00 End Date: Friday Jun-21-2019 8:21:32 BST Add to watch list Click to view item
  1. Load more activity