counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. No unfortunately all I have is a Speedo, Rev counter, water and fuel the 3 gauges I have are oil pressure, oil temperature and boost Will try and get better photos
  4. Gambling is the work of the devil (payment up front and I will think about it). I would hurry with the payment as the Apocalypse is spreading - Cyclists are now considered unworthy and shall be dealt with appropriately.
  5. How much for the Euromillions lottery numbers - 30% sound OK?
  6. Received a very generous Birthday gift from Mrs mik and the sprogs - a DJI Mavic Mini. Never had a drone before and this thing is tiny - about the size of a glasses case. First time I have been able to get out since lockdown to try and get a shot of the car. Wind-speed was high and it was gusty, but the wee drone coped well. Not sure how happy the farmer would have been, but it had clearly just all been cut and I moved very carefully I am still very much learning - not claiming to be any drone expert, but was happy enough with these (the first spiral one is a preset so all I did was assess the shot and press a button). I didn’t add any music so hum along in your heads....
  7. $75,645.75 (0 Bids) End Date: Sunday Jun-7-2020 13:19:16 PDT Bid now | Add to watch list Click to view item
  8. Oil Pressure Test I rebuilt the pump to as new standard and checked the pressure relief valve. I connected my Makita drill to the aux pulley on low speed setting. I packed the pump with graphogen and didn’t do anything else except - put the turbo feed pipe into a measuring jug, block off the Oil pressure gauge hole, fill the oil filter with oil and screw it directly to the housing. I filled the engine with oil to its normal level. Then I started the stopwatch at the same time as running the drill. After 14 secs oil was pouring out of the Turbo feed pipe. In another 16 seconds it pumped 600 ml of oil into the measuring jug! If I did this again and the pump didn’t perform like this I would rebuild the pump and run the test again. If it still didn't work I would expect an air leak at the pick up pipe. Happy days! I wish I had this info before and maybe I could have avoided a rebuild! Still, on the bright side I now have a far superior engine!
  9. The other pitfall if the bolts are too long they push the bonnet apart, pulling the hinge half away from the top half!
  10. I asked Dave (seriouslylotus.com) and he said that will add to the eshop spark plugs for v6s during weekend.
  11. @Bibs I have managed to tune the S260 to where it will drift the rear and not snap spin any more. The S260 is now easy to push it to the limits. The car is basically neutral so it will accept throttle at the apex and keep rotating without any understeer. The S260 has spherical bearings, rear toe link in double shear and adjusted to eliminate bump steer and a bigger front sway bar. The Ohlins have been revalved and use a piston to eliminate crosstalk between the compression and rebound settings. I run 525# springs in the front and 750# springs in the rear. Camber is around -2.7 all the way around. About 1/16" toe out in the front and 3/16" toe out in the rear. Those are total toe values. There are also drop ball joints in the front so the car can be lowered to 110/120mm ride heights. The Cup-R has had all the bushings replaced with spherical bearings. I have installed EliseParts 40mm drop spindles. With these spindles, I have lowered the car to 105/115. I cannot go much lower at this time because the front tires will start rubbing the outside fender lip while turning. I've got the capability to adjust bump steer, front and rear, but have not done that yet. I have EliseParts upgraded front and rear sway bars. The camber and toe setting are the same as the S260. Since it was the first time out in the car, I was not pushing it to the limit. The data showed me spiking lateral Gs to 1.5 and maintaining around 1 G through the corners. Braking was spiking to 1.2 Gs. I was also driving a track that I hadn't been on for 5 years and then only once. So, I was not to eager to find the limits at this track. Later, Eldon
  12. @SpeedMatters yes you get the keys to remove the radio, comes with the manual. The radio sounds ok, but it’s probably the benchmark for one of the worst user interfaces I’ve ever seen. If you’re buying new, then the HU has changed for MY2020 to have DAB as standard like the S2 did about 15 years ago
  13. So anyway, quote politics aside... @Joseph Antabi Tape is 3m 9088, I use 12mm wide but it’s in various sizes it just works for that particular trim. For refixing the 380/430 lip, the 19mm works well. I buy from RS components in the UK, as there are so many fakes of 3M products out there and RS only sell genuine stuff even if you can save a few pence elsewhere. VHB is also suitable, but it’s 2mm thick so I prefer not to use it. But many have and it works well
  14. Boot floor and engine cover now all back in. center console pulled out and modified for a double din unit
  15. Sunday 31/5, early afternoon. Heading out of Kinross towards the M90. Large white number roundel on the bonnet, wife thinks it was a 16. Sounded very rumbly and if it had seen better days.
  16. Looks like a bit of @Barrykearley mini trunking though will lend him a square at some point and explain the complexities
  17. Learned something But then I saw the price ... I’d say that is something between daring and audacious... Are there any tried and tested aftermarket options? I saw some people installed the Lotus Motorsport ones PN ALS9Y0017 which is single not double. The Reverie ones look to crude to me, I guess I would be stopped by the police every time I will drive the car. Eltech also recently took some single canards on their catalogue. And then there is the Winace / Eliseparts option that seems attractive price wise but I am uncertain about the functionality. Any feedback from those who installed any of the listed options or maybe alternatives thereto?
  18. I have a sub in the footwell, covered in acoustically transparent material. Can remove for track day’s but it’s properly in place (to the point on my old 350 I left it in for track days). Power for the sub can be picked up from under the front access panel.
  19. Told you all! I am the Prophet bow before me. (for a small gratuity I can send to all a talisman that will save you from the cows of the apocalypse created by the ancient and secret order of the Knights who say Moo!). Do It - you know it makes sense.
  20. I like the irony of quoting the post telling you not to quote the post...
  21. So the head unit would power the sub directly? I’m assuming there’s access to thread the cables somewhere under the dash in the footwell. I’ve seen a few posts where a sub was stuck down using velcro behind the passenger footrest. Is this still the current best set up?
  22. $112,195.00 End Date: Friday Jun-5-2020 10:57:17 PDT Buy It Now for only: $112,195.00 Buy It Now | Add to watch list Click to view item
  1. Load more activity