free hit
counters
All Activity - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
  • Why not sign up, it's free!

Click here to become a member of TLF! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. As per the mirror thread... A little update, been working on the design in CAD! It's not 100% final yet (although close) as it needs to go through stress tests before I'd sell to any friends. My goal with these is to make them as durable as possible, but at the same time, to reduce the thickness of the design as much as possible. It's a fine balance! The stalks will be made from Aluminium and CNC machined. I've gone for a sleek design which points up slightly which gives the ball joint a bit more movement for adjustment. The threads will be tapped into the base, meaning that the original M5 bolts (from factory mirrors) can be used making installation easier. The finish will be bare aluminium, although I will be getting mine anodised black, so if we do a batch in black we can share the cost of this. Alternatively, people could get them painted if they want them in bodycolour for example. Costs are of course very important, at the moment, it looks like it'll be around £260, per pair, if we can get 5 sets made. (this is just the stalks, Magical Racing mirrors must be bought separately) A few people have already expressed interest, please respond on here / pm me if you're provisionally interested. Payment will be required up front before the production process starts.
  3. A little update, been working on the design in CAD! It's not 100% final yet (although close) as it needs to go through stress tests before I'd sell to any friends. My goal with these is to make them as durable as possible, but at the same time, to reduce the thickness of the design as much as possible. It's a fine balance! The stalks will be made from Aluminium and CNC machined. I've gone for a sleek design which points up slightly which gives the ball joint a bit more movement for adjustment. The threads will be tapped into the base, meaning that the original M5 bolts (from factory mirrors) can be used making installation easier. The finish will be bare aluminium, although I will be getting mine anodised black, so if we do a batch in black we can share the cost of this. Alternatively, people could get them painted if they want them in bodycolour for example. Costs are of course very important, at the moment, it looks like it'll be around £260, per pair, if we can get 5 sets made. (this is just the stalks, Magical Racing mirrors must be bought separately) A few people have already expressed interest, please respond on here / pm me if you're provisionally interested. Payment will be required up front before the production process starts.
  4. no just happened; contacted dealership a little while ago but no response as yet .set a reminder to chase them on Tuesday
  5. Evora 400

TLF GT430 Club

an the 430 sport ist not a limited car
  6. Has yours just happened too or have you got it fixed?
  7. Today
  8. As an Esprit noob I hadn't realised they had different valances. That's something new learnt today.
  9. PAR

TLF GT430 Club

Doesn’t look like a sport to me...
  10. $49,999.00 (0 Bids) End Date: Wednesday Jun-5-2019 11:17:09 PDT Buy It Now for only: $72,000.00 Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list Click to view item
  11. New lights from GRP (GregRaceParts.com) fitted. I bought the previous model about a year ago and I didn't like them... too dim. So when they released the new version (GT), I placed my order. Arrived about a month ago and well, they are almost perfect. Should be a little bit brighter, but I can live with them now They are definitely an improvement over non-LED lights from 2005 Elise.
  12. Spotted yesterday afternoon
  13. Name: Lotus Elise 111R Click to view: Lotus Elise 111R
  14. Well said it’s never been down to numbers drive one back to back and that’s where the lotus wins hands down and will always demand a big premium over the coxster, sorry boxster.
  15. Excellent point about the 2.2s in 2020 Mr Greenham! We must try to get as many 2.2s together as we can; I've already done some work on identifying Elite and Eclat owners posting on forums, so I'll continue that with an additional focus. Nice picture too, and the parade laps were great fun. Peter Lucas was in my car and managed to video the session from the passenger seat; he was good enough to say my apexes were improving on the second lap. He was recounting his days of motorcycle racing at Castle Combe while we were out - an activity he shared in his youth with Richard Morley, the Lotus MD at the time of the Elite launch. They were clearly quite accomplished as the race Peter was telling me about had Mike Hailwood on the front row. There is an amusing story about how he and Richard Morley came to be working at Lotus, when Colin Chapman had explicitly banned the employment of anyone who had been involved with motorbikes! Cheers, Richard
  16. Evora 400

TLF GT430 Club

Hello. Greatings to England. Here some pics of my GT 430 . At last my one of one 1/60 plate original lotus who finds the error
  17. Welcome back to the fold Michael. I think you may be the guy my daughter had a chat with the other day, at work. Lovely looking car but a bit loud for my tastes. Maybe it's an age thing. Both my cars, including the Esprit, are black...
  18. Unfortunately, I can't help you identify that car but wanted to ask you a question about the two really nice Esprit's you own. Without wishing to reignite the G v S debate, if you had to let one go, which would be the keeper and why? Brendan
  19. Not really, we are talking pre 2000 cars here and if we look at how many Boxster in the U.K. pre 2000 vs Elise (ie the market where those prices are seen), the numbers are not that far. probably about 6000 Elise vs 10000 boxster including the S and auto. That should not make enough of a difference to make much impact. The Elise has always depreciated less and it is still hard to say the boxster is a collectible. It is mostly down to the fact that nobody buys a boxster because they want it, they buy it because they can’t afford a 911. (Although i personally like the Cayman better)
  20. These are the only photos I have unfortunately. I guessed it was pre 85 too by the triangles, the same as on my '84 TE. Honestly can't remember if it was full leather or had the roof stereo as this was probably 33 years ago Really interesting to see @The Pits car in its earlier days. Either this is another white 'half Essex' liveried car or its the same one, although if the history in the article you linked to is correct it doesn't seem to fit with an owner living up North when the car was only a few years old. Now I just have even more questions!
  21. Short Video from the Evora with exhaust sound and acceleration
  22. My cam belt is in exactly the same position as yours. If it's settled there then that's where it will stay. Too tight it squeals at higher revs like bearing is going.
  23. Ive personnaly not seen it but Andy Graham told me Comps are on my build sheet and it is a five stud car
  24. Thanks again Richard for coordinating the display, and it was fun chasing you around the circuit with my rear-view mirror full of Paul's brown car. Who knew you could get up to 80mph on a few parade laps? Why wait for the 40th Excel anniversary in 2022 when it will be the 40th anniversary of the S2.2 next year!!!!!! My new camera-phone did a half decent job of a portrait of my car. Leigh
  1. Load more activity