free hit
counters
Jphoenix13 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Jphoenix13

Basic Account
  • Content Count

    85
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

22 Excellent

About Jphoenix13

  • Rank
    LO

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://Www.jimphoenix.com

More Info

  • Name
    Jim Phoenix
  • Car
    1995 Esprit S4, British Racing Green
  • Modifications
    Quicksilver Exhaust, Elise steering wheel, Hawk pads, Five-O injectors, K&N air and oil filters, Bosch chargecooler pump, Spal fans, 3 row radiator core, O'Reilly's Flux Capacitor, Double DIN Pioneer XB2800.
  • Location
    Southern Seattle

Recent Profile Visitors

2,382 profile views
  1. Just had them out and the bodies are black with green tops. Don't recall what cc, sorry.
  2. Oops, my mistake, I replaced mine with five-o injectors. Still working fine.
  3. Ha ha Atwell, you must work at JAE! I love those guys, always have the part, fast shipping
  4. Well, that was fun. Some things I learned while removing and replacing the gearbox and engine: It's just too easy to change the cambelt with the engine out of the car. I set the belt tension to 100hz, the low end because I know the belt will whine when the engine is warmed to operating temp. Engine back in, engine running - belt whining! So, under the car I go and I'm getting good at the fine adjustment required to keep the whine out of the belt. It's easy to bleed the clutch slave, but after wearing out my wife and endless hours of pressure bleeding, I gave up and took Atwell's advice - pushed the clutch pedal full down with a stick and left it overnight - works perfectly! If you are going to do the belt, spend another $120 for the 104 green dot sprocket from JAE. I had one on the intake from the last cambelt change (robbed it off the oil pump shaft) but with the exhaust green dot installed, there is a noticeable difference in power. Very well spent bucks in my opinion. A broken coolant level sensor will set all sorts of code 26, A&B, CEL etc. - and Freescan tells you it's everything under the sun - except the coolant sensor. Another $120 from JAE and it's back to normal. (Is everything $120 at JAE?) Use the moist bread method to remove the spigot bearing - but tell your wife first why you need the bread because it's fun to watch her face and then the eye roll. Don't forget to tell her you invented it, just something you thought might work RTV Ultra Black on the roll pins - I was fearing them, but they went in OK - took quite a bit of hammer, surprised at first - but they went in and nary a drop leaks from the engine. Oh yeah, tighten the transaxle drain plug after you put it in finger tight - and before you fill the box. Duh. JAE threw the new roll pins in for free The Redline MT90 that came out of the box after 4 years was almost as clear and pink as the stuff going in. I love that stuff. Don't forget to buy some Dexron II for the power steering - had to make a special trip before I could start the engine. Amazon same day is great when you lose the transaxle mount bolts - they were here faster than the time I spent looking for where the hell the originals went. They are not small bolts - but they are gone forever and I hope they are happy in their new lives somewhere. Car runs great and the new clutch disc is notable as is the power between 2500 and 5000.
  5. The spring clip riveted to the fork?
  6. Engine came out this morning, I decided to remove the transaxle first, then engine. Got the PS hoses off no problem, AC compressor was a bitch because I didn't want to disconnect the hoses since the AC is putting out 34 degree air (F, ha ha, not C). All cleaned up, ready for parts replacement and valve adjustment.
  7. Box of goodies Old clutch disc measures just at 5.9mm - on the limit. Engine coming out tomorrow, then valve adjustment starts. I'll be looking for cracked cam followers per Travis' recommendation some many threads and posts ago - only 53,500 miles on this car, so maybe they're OK. Green dot pulley to match its friend already moved from the idler to the intake side. Slave cylinder rebuild kit-exactly same slave as my TR6: http://www.jimphoenix.com/triumph-tr6/
  8. Well too hot today to tackle the engine, so just cleaning parts and mopping coolant off the floor We're spoiled here in Seattle, 92 degrees is murderous! Got lots of parts on order, new clutch kit, blue belt, idler bearing, gaskets and o-rings - just shy of $1000 worth of parts for the job - and JAE threw new roll pins in free - love those guys.
  9. Thanks Ram, I'll dive back in this evening.
  10. The bleeding procedure for the rear brakes is quite different from the fronts. Requires rear brake pressure on and I'd have to read it all again to quote here, but it can be easily done improperly. That said, it sound like the fronts aren't working in proportion to the rear, so maybe bleed front again? You have the same Kelsey-Hayes system I believe with having to pump the pedal a million times to release accumulator pressure, then check fluid level, etc. Overly complex 90's era ABS system, but seems to work fine in the wet - but not very modern. I ran EBC at first, but Travis recommended Hawk and been with them since, they work great.
  11. Jphoenix13

    Jphoenix13

  12. Finished up installing the radio and the new panel with the voltmeter, handbrake defeat switch (green button) and USB port. Installed the rest of the new carpet 9 still waiting for the correct handbrake boot and belt cutouts from Steve V8, then they will match the rest of the interior). Seats back in, looks and sounds very nice :-)
×
×
  • Create New...