free hit
Daveb99 - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Full Forum Member (FFM)
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Daveb99 last won the day on October 23 2017

Daveb99 had the most liked content!

About Daveb99

More Info

  • Name
  • Car
    Evora LE, Elise S1
  • Location
    East Mids

Recent Profile Visitors

2,204 profile views

Daveb99's Achievements


Newbie (1/14)

  • Conversation Starter Rare
  • Five Years In Rare
  • First Post Rare
  • Collaborator Rare
  • Week One Done Rare

Recent Badges



  1. My new (to me) Evora NA has a couple of LED's out on the high level rear brake light. I've done a search on here and can't find anything, am I right in assuming it needs a whole new unit as it can't be repaired? I'm hoping someone is going to tell me it's from a Vauxhall Corsa and costs under a tenner from a Vauxhall dealer.....
  2. Cheers for all the info & help. Can anyone else comment on whether there is only one plaque (driver's side) on the LE, or is it supposed to have one both sides?
  3. Also could you just confirm the size of the plaque? Thanks....
  4. So looking at the photos above it seems like it could be a vinyl decal stuck on a blank metal plate. @windymiller @LOTUSMAN33 is that the case, or is the lettering etched onto the surface? Does it feel raised / proud of the surface? Dan at Divine Handcraft is able to tweak it to my requirements so I might as well get it right 👍🏻
  5. Thanks, so it’s like silver text, rather than black, it seems?
  6. Can anyone with a launch edition advise me on which one of these options I should choose to source a pair of plaques for my new (to me) LE? It’s number 17 of the LE’s produced, but for some reason has no plaques on the sills. Car is Quartz silver - not sure if different coloured plaques were fitted depending on the paint colour? Also if I can see a couple of photos of others’ plaques as fitted by the factory, that would help massively with positioning.....👍🏻
  7. High praise indeed 😎
  8. Thanks, so perhaps best to stick to 'normal' PS4S for an Evora then?
  9. Not sure what you mean, I was referring to PS4S v PS4S Acoustic. Just wondering whether the performance - grip levels, wear (perhaps it’s a different compound) are different..
  10. Just browsing tyres and came across this. Wonder if the performance is the same as the regular PS4S?
  11. Thanks. Side wall height on 275’s slightly bigger than 255 (7mm higher).
  12. Sorry to revive an old thread.....has anyone ever fitted either of these sizes on the 19” rear wheels: 265/35 or 275/35 I the case of the latter, the overall diameter would be just 2mm greater than the 20” rear wheel, fitted with the standard 275/30 size. So no speedo issues. I've always thought the 255/35 are far too narrow on the 19” rear wheels, they look massively stretched although the PS4S does look to be a fair bit better. Lotus must have chosen this size purely to minimise sidewall flex. I guess in theory, fitting say the 275 would give a little more rear grip, but also with a little bit more sidewall. Upside would be slightly better ride quality though, with the larger sidewall (7mm more than the 255's). Any comments would be welcome, and if anyone has gone for the 275 size on the 19” rear wheels I’d love to see some photos and hear your experiences.
  13. Choosing not to buy a car after doing lots of research, asking lots of questions and seeing it does not make someone a time waster - it simply means it wasn’t the one - in my case it didn’t feel right for a few reasons, all personal. It was a good car.
  14. Yes, in my case, with Barry's car I really wasn’t sure about the colour so didn’t want to pay for temporary insurance without seeing it etc. In the end I did the right thing because, for me at least, it was almost a warm/gold grey which is why I decided against it anyway in the end (the following day). Undoubtedly it was well priced though and as we know, @windymiller is enjoying it 👍🏻
  • Create New...