Bit of an odd post, but I think it makes some sense at this stage.
The gearbox is not far from completion and I`m soon to start with the engine build for this project. As already stated, the car will be for sale soon after project completion and there is an opportunity for anyone who is genuinely interested in buying the finalised car to influence the specification.
The current intended spec is as follows (with options where relevant)
- Target weight: close to 1000Kg
- Target power: >520bhp
- Top speed: 186mph @ 7400rpm
- Upgraded 918 with ductile iron liners, Saenz forged rods, CP Carrillo forged pistons, special BE shells, ported cylinder heads, stainless 316 tubular manifolds with BorgWarner EFR 6758AL turbos. Engine is running Motec M800 ECU and ADL. Twin Motec wideband lambda enabled. Exhaust is twin centre exit.
Option to leave existing polished plenum arrangement or move to a motorsport plenum with 8-primary injectors instead of the OEM 8 + 2 secondaries. Option also to re-paint the polished plenum and cam covers in any colour desired.
- Engine will be twin chargecooled, with two options for the system:
1) Motorsport set-up with twin Spearco chargecoolers fitted in the boot area
2) Pro Alloy system that preserves the boot space coupled with stock ex. manifolds and full T28 60mm compressor based hybrid turbos.
- Will retain PAS, but water pump has been moved to Davies Craig EWP 150 electric pump and fan controller. Custom Aux belt to reflect removal of water pump and A/C compressor Option to retain the OEM mechanical water pump.
- Pro Alloy main coolant and twin-pass chargecooler radiator. There is no A/C fitted from the factory on this car.
- X-Shift 6-speed sequential straight cut dog engagement gearbox with 140mm AP Racing multi-plate carbon clutch pack and slave cylinder. Option available for steering wheel paddle shift or traditional gear level. Automatic throttle blip for downshift.
- Penske 3-way dampers, with option on road or track springs
- AP Racing 6-pot front and 4-pot rear with AP Racing grooved fixed discs with alloy bells (front: 356mm and 320mm rear). Mechanical handbrake
- Wheels: Rota GTR 18x10 e35 and 18x12 e20, with Yokohama Advan A052 in 255x35 and 315x30. Spacer/Adaptor to 5 x 114.3
- Aluminium fuel tanks will be fitted. Option to install a foam bag tank
- Interior will be fitted with lightweight black carpet with full Sport350 carbon interior parts still installed. Option to leave interior completely stripped and painted in a desired colour
- Option available to include or remove the heater
- Seats will be Corbeau carbon race seats, with Willans 6-point harness
- GT1 arches will be visible super-lightweight carbon
- GT1 carbon rear deck
- GT1 carbon front splitter
- Although the exterior colour is currently in the standard New Aluminium, it is planned to re-spray to Black to match the GT1 cars that ran in `96 BPR. It is also planned to install the full #22 car decal set from the same BPR series. Option would exist to do something different with the colour
- Rear wing is planned to be a high downforce motorsport version, but option would exist to install whatever was desired.
Rough price guide (dependant on final spec) not less than 90K€. I would invite people who are interested to contact me via PM, but please only if you are serious about becoming the potential owner and want to discuss personalising the car.