A customer of mine installed the MX2E in his Lotus Exige s 350 from 2013.
He wants a rear mirror camera and is wondering how it will be activated. Does the MX2E has the reverse lights as input? So will it be activated when in reverse? It is not in the manual how.
Please, look at “par 4.3 Reverse Camera” of the manual:
if sequential gear is chosen rear camera appears when reverse is engaged, if manual gear is chosen button on steering column needs to be pressed
Also he would like to add oilpressure and oiltemperature on Channel Expansion. How to put in the display? Will there be in the future a ‘custom’ layout possible?
The dashboard illumination does not work anymore after installing the MX2E kit.
As usual, despite all our efforts for testing everything, some features in the P&P systems remain undiscovered till when the product is not used by tenths/hundredths of customers. The Heater Control panel enlighting is one of them. Next hardware release will fix it.
My customer is furthermore quite active on the Lotus UK forum and he made a total list of questions people made there. Maybe you have already noticed some or AIM UK is.
Issues written on Lotus Forum:
- Ability to change rev limit from 9K to 8K (or to 7.5K, to make even better usage of the screen width)
developed in accordance with Lotus Cars UK. May be they have been too prudential
- Tell tale light for Cruise Control (use space from second "dipped lights on")
Already developed and actually in internal test. Available in next firmware release ( next week)
- Real time view of sensor information on dash
Next sw/fw release will allow to add a channel expansion and show up to four channels in the circular RPM TFT page
- Airbag delete light setting option (Ok on Cup cars)
Right. We will face it in the End of March release.
- Option for Carbon Binnacle
We are evaluating it. Unfortunately, as you may imagine, it would be really expensive
- Option for Alcantara Binnacle (with same Alcantara as 410/430 vent surrounds which are just next to the binnacle, without stitch, or with option to choose stitch color to mimic each car's configuration)
- Why two lights for "dipped lights on" only one needed
In some countries, some TFT information are to be duplicated in the LEDs. In case the TFT breaks (!) the LEDs remain active
- All warning lights are visible in grey - would be better blacked out until illuminated
developed in accordance with Lotus Cars UK
- Screen seen flickering at times. (Race button flickering, RPM display flickering and showing false information, letters flickering)
This is a problem that has very sporadically happened on a limited number of boards of the first production. We have to substitute the board
- Remove numeric rpm from analogue display - it is distracting
Yes, too many digits. We will modify it
- A red theme - possibly instead of the purple/pink, I haven't seen many cars where that combo would be an obvious choice.
You don’t live in California!
- A Green Theme for the displays. The white and pink schemes are a bit “meh” Even better a user selectable colour scheme.
- Too much black and wasted space on the displays.
If you like to send us a different, and better drawing, we are absolutely open to improve our proposal. Please, don’t forget you have to use the available information on Not-Racing cars.
- On the digital RPM page the actual bars relating to RPMs should be thicker or continuous as per AIM’s other models. (GARW has a better RPM scale)
- Engine Oil Pressure should be “selectable” I’d displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.
- Engine Oil Temperature should be “selectable” if displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.
- Gearbox Oil Temperature should be “selectable” if displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.
- Lambda value should be “selectable” if displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.
Next sw / fw release will give you the possibility to add four information. Of course, you need a channel expansion for connecting the sensors.
- Prefer a larger “Indicated Speed Value” than “current gear” on non race screens.
Which fw rel do you have?
- Remote button option ( makes covering binnacle easier and more OEM )
This is not clear to me. Where would you install remote buttons? Please, don’t forget the installation is supposed to be very easy and fast.
Specific for Auto
- "Gear" alarm ( for TCU )
This is not clear to me
- Beep or alarm for "you cant do that stupid"
Is it a joke? J