Just an update on the reported idle learning issues. I could not get the car to SSC as it kept throwing the engine light and went into limp mode a couple of times.
So I decided to look into the issue myself. first port of call was to check ECU error codes. This is what my ODBII reader showed me.
P2119 Throttle Actuator Control Range/PErformance
P2135 Throttle Pedal Position Voltage Correlation
P2104 Throttle Actuator - Forced Idle
P2106 Throttle Actuator - Forced Limited Power.
At first glance it was pretty obvious there was an issue with the throttle body, and P2119 and P2104 is common when there are issues with the MAF sensor/wiring. I had already done the obligatory MAF plug cable tie fix as per the service bulletin so I decided to pull the the entire intake out to check and clean everything.
Throttle body was full of oil from the breather hose, a surprising amount and so was the flex pipe. The MAF sensor was clean and both TB and MAF plugs were clean and still tight. I checked the flex pipe while cleaning it and noticed the breather hose fitting was quite loose, I could move the metal fitting in and out of the flex pipe to the point where air could enter thru the gap formed. Initial thought was that if air is getting into the intake after the MAF this would cause TPS or MAF errors.
After cleaning the throttle body, the MAF sensor and both the plugs with contact cleaner and conditioner I put everything back together including the cable tie fix on the MAF and replaced the factory flex pipe with Imran's silicone one.
I then reset the codes and disconnected the battery for 30mins. Restarted the car and no engine light, idle although in learn mode was fine and no flat spot on acceleration.......EXCELLENT ....... Left idle to learn for 20mins and took the car for long drive on some of the best winding roads Sydney has to offer. Car was great ran like a champ without any issues for 3 hours with multiple stops.
I suspect there was a combination of things that caused the issues/error codes, but the flex pipe breather fitting where air was getting in was most likely the cause of the idle problem.