free hit
counters
Nickp1 - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Nickp1

Basic Account
  • Posts

    109
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Nickp1

  • Birthday 30/11/1970

More Info

  • Name
    Nick
  • Car
    Eclat 1978

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Nickp1's Achievements

Newbie

Newbie (1/14)

  • Dedicated Rare
  • First Post Rare
  • Collaborator Rare
  • Week One Done Rare
  • One Month Later Rare

Recent Badges

121

Reputation

  1. Dash refitted and new steering wheel tried for size...........
  2. Back on it's wheels now and moved under it's own steam for the first time in a very long time. Only a few inches back and forth just to test the clutch engagement 😃
  3. There's been a fair amount of progress over the last couple of months as there's been little elese to do tbh 🙄 The heater box has been removed and refurbed. Fans were freed off and I fitted a Mk1 Granada heater matrix. This wasn't a straight swap, but it went in with a bit of 'wittling' and cost £40 instead of £200.😀 It now has gears too via a shortened / modified BMW E36 linkage. The manifolds are now fully welded and reinstalled too. I'm plodding along with the electrics and have installed an additional fuse box in the engine bay for the pop up headlights, electric seat, radiator fan and feeds to the new headlight relays. All this has led up to a major milestone in the project, it now RUNS!! 😃 Fired up first turn of the key and sounds amazing!! 😎 Cooling system is now fimished but still need to make the rest of the exhaust system and configure the engine sensors before I can run it up to temperature. 20210102_160700.mp4
  4. Bit of fake wood to match the rest of the interior, I reckon it's kinda cool 🤔😎
  5. Got the Y-pipe made to join the manifolds to the 2.5" system 😎
  6. Wasn't happy with the downpipes I'd made from the manifolds, too skinny at 1.75". General concensus is 2 - 2.25" is ideal, so I've redone it all in 2" and I'm much happier with them. Also took a bit of time to port out the std manifolds, taking out the sharp edges. Might not make much difference but every little helps 😉
  7. Thought I'd finished my pedal box but turns out the 'fly by wire' throttle pedal that came with the engine wasn't the one I was supposed to use 🙄 The actual pedal was in the box, that I hadn't opened, with the custom loom. Of course it was different enough that I had completely rethink the pedal box design. I had to chop of the throttle extension support and decided to mount the new pedal seperately. I'm actually much happier with how it's mounted now and gives a much more natural throttle action. Lots of work but worth it to do it right 😀
  8. Been scratching my head as to where and how to mount the ECU. It has to go under the bonnet as the loom can't be extended and it has to be protected from heat / fluids etc. I was unable to find a protective case of any kind in the right size so I've had to make one and mount it at a jaunty angle. Still got to make the lid and insulate the box but I think it should work OK there 🤔 The battery is getting relocated to the boot and moving the original washer bottle didn't really gain me any space so I left it as is.
  9. Well, it seems that an uprated Nissan Pulsar radiator can be made to fit an Eclat, just. However I forgot to take into account that the bonnet dips down at the front when you open it Unfortunately that's where the top hose and filler neck come out. So I've had to remove a section of the grill for the bonnet to open properly. I've mocked up a 'flap' to cover this area and hopefully once it's done properly in the same paint as the grill then it shouldn't look too bad, if you squint 🤣
  10. 42yr old Lotus wiring about to meet 21st century Ecu and Race Technology Dash What could possibly go wrong? Pass me the crimps and a fire extinguisher 😉
  11. Engine loom and ECU now fitted......
  12. Fuel sysyem coming together...... Low pressure lift pump into swirl pot then high pressure pump feeding into BMW pressure regulated fuel filter mounted below plate.
  13. I know what you're saying but this was the easiest and most obvious way to mount them. I made the motor mounting bolts captive by welding them to the bracket. This means that by undoing 2 x 13mm nuts from below and the whole assembly can be lifted out with the headlight pod.
  14. While waiting for some bits for the fuel system thought I'd take a look at the headlights. Got the MX5 motors bolted into the base using part of the MX5 mounting frame. Couple of lengths of M8 threaded bar got it mocked up to try. Ordered a 2x M8 rose joints and M8 ball jints to do the job properly as the MX5 plasic ball joints were too brittle to be of any use.
×
×
  • Create New...