Just one small issue: now I can't get the bloody wheels off.
Anyhow, been making some progress on this one, albeit somewhat glacial. Engine is now all sorted and runs sweeeeet. Brake master cylinder has been sent for bore & sleeve.
Exhaust downpipe is blowing plenty. Nick has sourced a replacement but unfortunately the current system is a custom built mongrel and every joint is a sleeve instead of a flange, and none of it is a fantastic fit. Except for the rear silencers. I discovered after 20 minutes of heave-ho with them that some evil human had tack welded them. Removed the lot. Had to cut the downpipe to get a good handle on 2 very reluctant K-locks. Nick sourced a full correct replacement, but even that is going to be fun as bolts have been tacked to the flanges and then cut, so more stuff to do there. Meanwhile, I was able to fit the replacement parts back to the Y-piece. So, more fun with grinder and drills imminent.
New(!) stuff, bloody annoying:
And fitted so far:
Nick has already dealt with the calipers and hoses, but left the rusty rear pipes to me. A modicum of violence and half a trade pack of expletives dealt with them. Rather pleased that I was able to release all the cable clips and screws without a single casualty, using a bit in a ratchet driver. The T-piece is toast, so I'll be sourcing an alternative. I made up the replacement pipes today.
Now waiting to get hold of the brake T-piece, the master cylinder, and some more exhaust mountings. And more expletives for the next bout of violence. Then, hopefully, MoT!