free hit
counters
Evora Headlamp Washers Not Working - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
robington

Evora Headlamp Washers Not Working

I hope somebody can point me in the right direction here – my headlamp washers don’t work. The fuse was blown, so I changed it and the fuse immediately blew again when I pressed the washer button.

I don’t think the 2 are related, but the windscreen washer does not work either. The fuse is ok, so I am going to check the pump next.

So, regarding the headlamp washers I have no idea where to look next as something is clearly properly wrong to make the fuse blow straight away. I’ve only had the car 4 months and to be honest I don’t know whether the washers have ever worked in my ownership as it was only recently I realised they existed!!

Any ideas on the next thing to check from you helpful fellows out there?

The car is a 2009 LE Evora

Thanks

Robin.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Can’t help you with why fuse is blowing but headlight washers only operate when the lights are turned on and I believe every 5 times you press the washer button. 

Since the Evora doesn't have wipers on the lights, I would expect that it has some sort of electric wizgidgery that counts the button presses and then operates on the fifth press if what Jairaj has said is what happens.

I would be looking at the feed wire from the button to whatever relay sits before the washer pump.