free hit
counters
Newbie here, Looking for a good tuner around London/Essex. - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
stankfather

Newbie here, Looking for a good tuner around London/Essex.

Hi all

I am new to lotus ownership, having just owned my exige s roadster for 2 months.

Car is a manual with race pack and hard top, great little car but definitely feel that it can do with some more poke. 

I've looked at komotec/hangar111 but not too appealed so far.

Is there another tuner which will remap my car with 2bular manifolds and exhaust and a k&n filter, but with a upgraded pulley?

On all cars I have previously tuned, I generally always have gone for bmc filters rather than an intake, also with different branded bolt ons etc e.g., My 997.1 turbo had cheap manifolds but with a europipe exhaust and was tuned working well.

I'd appreciate all responses

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I believe you can get the upgraded pulley from monkey wrench in the US, unsure on the remap.

You also have PB Racing who have a pulley/remap package but they’re not in the UK.

Why not Komotec/H111 out of interest? At least proven for the setup your talking about (KT390) and UK based. 

www.alias23.com

I think h111 have a demonstrator now. Why not give it a go? Theirs is a proven package with outstanding performance. 

think Essex autosport can do some v6 tuning. Dont quote me on that though.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I can certainly recommend Hangar111. Lovely people, excellent service, seem to be able to do just about anything Lotus!

Also Jez at Back on Track in Guildford is very good, and I believe they are doing more tuning work these days (although I could be wrong about that). Worth putting in a call to ask.

Thank you all for the replies.

I can agree the h111 packages are very good and cars do perform well. But I will be getting a custom backbox fitted and bmc filter along with 2bular manifold soon,

Would they still tune the car with their pulley upgrade? I have called about 2/3 times and have had nobody call me back.

The off putting  thing will be having to tune with their provided parts, is this the case with h111?

I will definitely be giving back on track a call, I have heard many good things about them so far 

+1 for Hangar 111.

My car is currently under their care and so far so good.

They do have a 460 sat there, I'm sure they'd take you out in it and discuss package deals.

On 20/12/2018 at 00:00, stankfather said:

I have called about 2/3 times and have had nobody call me back. 

Hi Nile.  Firstly my apologies if you've not heard back from us.  I've not seen an enquiry from you, but if you would like to drop me a message, I can take a look for you.

Dave