free hit
counters
Stevens wind deflector and roof bag - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
glynherron

Stevens wind deflector and roof bag

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I’ve already got a newly-trimmed and painted GRP roof in a bag that I haven’t used in over four years of ownership.

I’m just wondering whether it would be yet another piece of kit that will sit in the garage unused.

:D — So I gather you have a glass roof on the car? ^^

@Steve V8 >Yes, these are exactly why I bought the calypso red one! I haven't ordered the cans yet thought!
I suspect the ones from SJS are bare fibre and need a few more coatings before the colour and clear coat thought?

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 19/12/2018 at 02:41, Robert Weber said:

I do not see the listing for the deflector. Has it been sold?

If so, where does one go to find another as my S4 car is missing the deflector.

Thanks!

Bob 

Sorry Bob it's sold for the buy it now price.

13 hours ago, Giniw said:

:D — So I gather you have a glass roof on the car? ^^

Yes, glass roof. Never once put the GRP roof on!

Some say it's like a greenhouse with it on but I think it's pretty good at filtering out the heat, and it makes the cabin feel more open, and airy. In direct sunlight, if you put your hand under it, and then the windscreen the difference is obvious.

• Like 1

I use my deflector every time I drive the car with the roof out, it makes loads of difference. I think it comes as standard with the glass roof cars

My Stevens SE 1990 came with the fiberroof and the Wind deflector in a bag as standard. No glassroof.

It was born as a full option car with all leather inside, Wind deflector, headlight washer system etc.

Kind regards,

Jacques

7 hours ago, Bibs said:

Headlight washer? :huh:

Maybe some toothbrushes stuck to the front to give them a wipe when the lights went up & down? :rofl:

12 hours ago, Bibs said:

Headlight washer? :huh:

I've seen a reference to those in the wiring diagrams, but am surprised to hear some cars actually had them fitted.

On the other hand, I thought all SE's had the removable glass roof and thus the deflector as standard? Maybe Little Red Ridinghood has been winterized? 

Filip

Hello. I am looking for a Stevens wind deflector and roof bag.. mine have gone missing :(