free hit
counters
Recommissioning Lucas's Dry Sump - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Recommissioning Lucas's Dry Sump

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It finally arrived at the workshop today!  Well, approx. 70 yards uphill of the workshop as the huge transporter couldn't get around the corner.  Unfortunately it's at that point that I discovered it

Door handle and rear view mirror, I am here if you need help 

@LJR that is so going to be worth the effort, top tip “GIN” 

Posted Images

That Daytona was stunning; just resprayed.

Don't ever trust me with anything cosmetic!

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

All part of the Lotus experience!  That's why I enjoy them.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

That's not gonna happen this year.  And the last time it did, video hadn't been invented.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

any videos of it running yet?

According to what I know so far the Nokia 3310 was about to be released the last time it ran

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So I'm left with the fascinating conundrum of a very shiny engine, with loads of its ancillary bits in boxes, that's apparently been rebuilt but never turned over.  So many ways to approach this...

• Gold FFM
23 minutes ago, Sparky said:

So I'm left with the fascinating conundrum of a very shiny engine, with loads of its ancillary bits in boxes, that's apparently been rebuilt but never turned over.  So many ways to approach this...

Look at it for week tell Lucas it is f&£ked call me and I will buy it 👍😂

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM

Look on the positive side - at least it’s almost in one piece. The S4s didn’t have engine, box, fuels tanks or oil coolers in place

Only here once

That would be easier.  This one could lull you into a false sense of security.  Think I'll send in a camera first.

Then tell him it's ferked and shift it to Dan with a huge drink.  😁

• Gold FFM
48 minutes ago, Sparky said:

That would be easier.  This one could lull you into a false sense of security.  Think I'll send in a camera first.

Then tell him it's ferked and shift it to Dan with a huge drink.  😁

Then you know you will only get it back so .............

• Haha 1

All will be revealed in 2019.

Meanwhile, I can confirm that the mysterious box on the roof stereo is...

A cheap air freshener!

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from holiday and got an email from Andy Graham with the Certificate of Provenance for the car. It is the 2nd of 4 UK Monaco White cars with Brown full leather and roof stereo (FYEO spec) across all model years. 6 RHD cars were white with brown leather (half or full). It is the 28th UK Turbo and the 7th non Essex production car produced. Now I just need to finally see it in the flesh

• Like 2