free hit
counters
Oh ABS flashing light ...what to do next...SOLVED - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
pureguava

Oh ABS flashing light ...what to do next...SOLVED

This has been solved    See below     It was the pressure switch as replacement eventually sorted it out  

Hello 1996 S4S 

ABS driving me nuts....

i have an ABS flashing light - on espritmon it’s the pressure code.....

i have changed the switch ( lotus marques) I have changed the accumulator.....still does it.....

the pump comes on pretty much every time I press the brakes....occasionally on second push.  

Interestingly if I press the brakes slowly the ABS light  never comes on but as soon as I do a quicker press on them it comes when the pump goes on.....

what to do next?!?

Al 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Update..... I decided to go for a bit of a hoon to remind myself why I am throwing all this time and money into this car and the ABS light stopped coming on!!! Amazing what an Italian tune up can do !!

Give it time - it’ll be flashing again soon

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Give it time - it’ll be flashing again soon

Oh jeez....don’t say that.....is that your experience?

i have changed the pressure  switch and accumulator, cleaned all the sensors etc it all seems good now........I don’t think I could handle it again!

i am sure it was the switch as that was the final repair before it worked with no flashing ABS light.

I could do the easy fix like the previous owner did and place a square of black insulation tape over the light before selling the car to me 🤬

Yeah - but only on two cars..... that system is utter shite. Ones been ripped out and replaced with a servo - the other will be done early in the new year