free hit
counters
Bilster Berg 27th July with LOT - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Colin67

Bilster Berg 27th July with LOT

LOT have just posted a return to Bilster Berg on 27thJuly. I’m booked for Spa on 29thJuly so this looks like a natural pairing and I’m planning on booking.  (Then spend Sunday at Spa supporting our own @david_pittard who will be racing for Walkenhorst Racing in the 24 hrs of Spa.) 

The track looked like loads of fun on the LOT facebook page video, a mini Nordschlief. Can anyone here offer any feedback on Bilster Berg or is there anyone planning on going?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Definitely go ... one of the best tracks in Germany... the below gives a good idea. That was last year in my Exige. 

Thank you @NW76. The video does a good job of showing the characteristics of the circuit.  Lots of blind hills and steep elevation changes. It looks pretty much full on doesn't it and a bit like the Nordschlief where familiarity is everything. Sounds like you got it airborne at one stage! The surroundings look a bit surreal don't they.

I see you have the Komo Tec upgrade, so thats a very potent vehicle. I have the KT upgrade on my Elise Cup, less potent but does provide a little torque boost.

Thanks for posting. This might be my training aid to get to know the circuit a little before arriving.

• Like 1

Absolutely ... its really like a little Nordschleife but with modern safety standards... 

Power is not that critical there. Its a very technical track were you need to keep the flow. Setup, suspension and brakes are what really help you improve your time.

If my schedule alows I might actually be there as well in July.

Cheers

Norbert

If you do book @NW76 please post here. I'll do likewise. Thanks 

• Like 1

Just be aware if not already it’s only a half day so circa 5 hours. It’s a fair distance to travel for just half a day... which is what put me off.

Awesome track, only one straight benefits from power and as NW76 says, its a technical circuit. I took my 250 Cup and it was sensational. would like to do it again in the 430.

Trevor

I've just booked Bilster Berg. Looks way too much fun to miss. I agree with your comments @alias23 but there is no break, so a solid 5 hours on track and its a great compliment to the Spa day to get more value out of the chunnel crossing costs. Outline plan is:

Arrive Nurburg for the Friday evening session on the Nordschlief. 

Saturday morning relaxed drive to Bilster Berg ready for 1pm registration. Saturday evening travel to Spa Francochamps

Sunday watch our own @david_pittard compete in the 24hrs of Spa race

Monday for the LOT Spa trackday

Depart for home Tuesday and get ready to compete at the Brighton and Hove Motor club Bailey sprint at Goodwood on Saturday.

Anyone else signing up? 

• Like 1