free hit
counters
Drones spotted at Gatwick... - Page 5 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Drones spotted at Gatwick...

@Giniw - I was not referring to the EU, I was referring to European countries (like France and her government) who will use any means possible to ensure that UK companies cannot or do not buy significant French (or other) companies.  You can look at utilities (energy and water) as well as car firms, large construction etc. for well documented examples.

So, whilst the EU said utilities should not be "publicly" owned, the UK compiled and the French (with the Spanish and Germans who behave the same) ploughed in and bought up swathes of our energy and water companies whilst then declaring their own "national critical" so stopping Centrica (British Gas as was) and others doing the same with their companies.

There is the EU rule of law, then there is what the French, followed largely by the Spanish and Italians, and then the Germans do to "legally" bend, break and circumvent the rules to protect what they say see as their national jobs and companies. Don't even get me started on the illegal but frequent national support given by the French (and Spanish, Italian, German) governments illegally to its leading companies to keep them trading strong. Lol - imagine the outcry in the UK if, like in Germany, industrial energy costs were capped and held low due to a levy paid by citizens for their energy costs? Another form of bending the competition rules to favour local businesses and industries, this time by the Germans.  The European countries consistently bend and break the rules to suit - just look at the French, Italian and Greek governments and their budgets etc...

Anyway, back to drones - if as a result that they do not let our planes fly to Europe after Brexit I propose that we all buy a drone, drive our Loti over to France, do some great track days during the week whilst at the weekend we fly our drones for pleasure over every every major French airport. That will also get them back for all the bloody delays due to French air traffic controllers always striking to coincide with UK school holidays!

LOL - I am no sipping a lovely French claret, whilst eating some wonderful French Goats cheese spread on some great French bread whilst I wait for the inevitable flaming over my jovial, and not serious, posting....!  chin chin chaps....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

(I understand it's a bit off topic so I will keep it short ... ^^)

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

whilst then declaring their own "national critical"

This is true for some countries but as for France it's not that simple really, in the last few years we have lost Alstom which has been sold to GE (electrical part) and then the train part is sold to the Germans (including the TGV ...) to Siemens, then as @geartox mentioned the Toulouse airport has been sold to a Chinese group, and as for a lot of wines or Baccarat glass and many others assets. Next are our electrical dams which will be sold because of the insistence of the EU (and not declared critical, apparently we are the only doing so — 150 of the biggest will have to be sold by the end of 2022), and the list goes on and on.
We may have protected our industry in the past, but this is no longer the case — or at least the trend is towards less and less state intervention.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

LOL - I am no sipping a lovely French claret,

cheers! ;)

• Like 1

A Kiwi drone enthusiast take on it.

He points out all a blanket drone registration would do would allow the old bill to bring in the 40 or 50 licenced drone operators in the vicinity to waste their time too.

Its like asking a terrorist to register being a terrorist...

Its all nonsense the whole thing.

buddsy

13 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Its like asking a terrorist to register being a terrorist...

Last time I went to the US at immigration I had to declare whether I was a terrorist or not, or whether I had been a terrorist.

:cry:

• Haha 1

On 28/12/2018 at 08:56, C8RKH said:

Last time I went to the US at immigration I had to declare whether I was a terrorist or not, or whether I had been a terrorist.

Dont they know those damn terrorist sometimes will do a thing called "lying"??? Bloody foreigners!

buddsy 

• Like 1

Oh come on, at least shut Heathrow down on a nice weekend summer day when the flight path always seems to be overhead!

This afternoon, some bloke on Twitter filmed some flashing lights in the sky from his seat while he was waiting for his flight to go during the closure. The amount of media outlets that contacted him to request to use the footage was impressive. None cared that the footage was just of another aeroplane on approach. 

As per Gatwick, there was no drone but there was hysteria and exaggeration. 

• Haha 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-48086013

Gatwick said it had investigated an "unconfirmed sighting of an object" outside its exclusion zone.

Couldn't make it up 😂

Why would they bother if it was outside their exclusion zone?

My grandson flew his in the backyard the other day. Should I let Gatwick know?