free hit
counters
Drones spotted at Gatwick... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Drones spotted at Gatwick...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
26 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Not sure why they didn't bring it down or ask a commercial operator to follow it to it's Take off/Landing location. There's technology available to locate the drone and pilot and even to bring it down mid-flight. 

I must admit I was wondering that as well - especially as the Police now have their own drones and operators.

Or they have an operational issue that would cost a fortune in passenger compensation, and the drones are a convenient excuse...

• Like 1

I've spoken with the Airside Ops Manager this morning and offered to assist free of charge to them. The chap recognised my name which was nice from when I was part of a team that pitched to them a very high level surveying solution earlier in the year but he said that they have significant resources now on site looking for the  cuplrit(s). 

EA3418C4-4E3E-482D-BF2D-7983A9699BAA.jpeg.e56995fc0eddf257a5e3b617cfe92998.jpeg

That’s the significant resources then or they called in the military, should have call you in @Bibs lol

Bibs offering to use drones to find the people using drones :)

"There was an old lady who swallowed a fly..."

I don't understand how the batteries in these things have not run out already if it's just one guy. Or if he's bringing it home to recharge it why can't they just follow it to where it lands?

Sounds more and more like bollocks every hour.

Credible threat?

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

https://www.dji.com/aeroscope

One of those would sort this in no time! Loads of people have them and I'm sure would be available. 

At least they've listened. Not sure the tennis ball is standard though...

Du3gnsrXgAEeIO0?format=jpg&name=medium

@Bibs what does that do I can’t be arsed to read through that and Master Chef has just started 😳

• Haha 1

Gatwick still shut,police have said they don't want to shoot the drones down because of the risk from stray bullets. Am I missing something

• Haha 1

Cue some new legislation requiring all drones to be licensed?

Sounds like some spotty teenager having a giggle with his toy. Just sheet the bl**dy thing down already...!

Drone registration is due to become law in Nov 2019. 

To be honest, I'm not sure a spotty teenager could avoid the Police, Gatwick security and now the Military for well over 24 hours. This is all a little strange that's it's taking such a long time now. 

• Thanks 1

And refuelling in midair?  No, this whole thing smells wrong.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see who they eventually find is behind it. Then a few thousand passengers will be after their blood...

One of the current Mrs H's friends was due to fly out to Goa for Christmas this morning. After spending the day at Gatwick they went home. Next available flight to Goa is in 5 days so they've now had to cancel their holiday completely.

9 hours ago, Sparky said:

No, this whole thing smells wrong.

I'm with Sparky.

In this day and age of everyone carrying a camera and filming everything that happens, along with the fact that the world's media are camped at Gatwick, why is it only two 30 second videos of possible drones have appeared?

• Like 1