free hit
counters
Drain pipe - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I was wondering if anyone could post a picture of the the water drain pipes in the Elite Tailgate recess on the body.

I don't what sort of pipe it is or how it's attached?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Simon 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't know if the arrangement on my car was original or not, but on dismantling, the plastic pipe was just pushed up into the hole and glued in place.  For my restoration I'm going to fabricate a top-hat shaped bit from stainless and bond it to the underside of the recess and fasten the tubing to it - it will be much more solidly attached as a consequence, and leave a slightly larger diameter hole for drainage.

Pete

• Like 1

If I had my car here I would - it's having a minor operation.

There are two funnel shaped pieces bonded into the holes on each side of the gutter, upon which clear plastic pipes (look like standard screenwash pipes) are pushed. These pipes then push through holes in the bottom of the side boot compartments.

However on mine they do block up easily, so I carry a short length of strimmer line with me! If you are creating your drainage arrangement from scratch, you may want to go with a larger bore drain hole and pipe, as Pete suggests.

Richard

• Like 1

The hose on mine was about 8mm ID - definitely significantly bigger than screen wash hose, as are the holes in the bodywork to allow drainage to the exterior.  No wonder yours block so easily Richard!  (Saw your car at Mike's last week -  the paint on the roof has really gone hasn't it?)

Pete

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EXCEL V8 said:

The hose on mine was about 8mm ID - definitely significantly bigger than screen wash hose, as are the holes in the bodywork to allow drainage to the exterior.  No wonder yours block so easily Richard!  (Saw your car at Mike's last week -  the paint on the roof has really gone hasn't it?)

Pete

Yes it has 😞

Thanks all, will get some 8mm  pipe and mastic it seems. Alternatively I may fill them in and never take her out in the rain