free hit
counters
Tailgate Manual Release - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Does anybody have a picture of the Tailgate Manual Release on a 2014 Evora (2+0)

on the owners handbook it says  it's supposed to be under the  "shelf pad" in the 2+0

But I can not locate it . My cars battery drained and I can not open the tailgate via the key fob.

thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think you’ll find it under the rear seat squab on the right hand side. Make sure you pull it gently and just enough to release the tailgate, otherwise it will break!

Considering how sensitive  the electronics On my 400, I would try to avoid juicing up the system this way.

the tail gate cable is behind the right seat (opposite the door with a keyhole)  there is a little flap where at the angle between the seat and the side of the car. 

When you pull, make sure the cable is within the metallic  guide. It would be well advised to have someone lifting the tailgate at the same time when you are pulling the cable (sometime that it the difference between a successful and unsuccessful attempt).

best of luck

Edited by PAR

With pictures from the 400. They insist on pulling the cable straight (a mod vs previous evora I think so may not be the same for yours).

2E35519F-F73C-4CED-96DD-8EDDB6C026BF.jpeg

6971F86B-CC5B-4857-81CA-9FE74923A6CE.jpeg

Edited by PAR

1 hour ago, B430m said:

I think you’ll find it under the rear seat squab on the right hand side. Make sure you pull it gently and just enough to release the tailgate, otherwise it will break!

I have a 2014 (with 2+0) also my car is left hand drive...

where would it be located?

thanks

1 hour ago, PAR said:

With pictures from the 400. They insist on pulling the cable straight (a mod vs previous evora I think so may not be the same for yours).

2E35519F-F73C-4CED-96DD-8EDDB6C026BF.jpeg

6971F86B-CC5B-4857-81CA-9FE74923A6CE.jpeg

thats also what is instructed on my handbook.... but i can not locate that shelf pad?

If yours is a 2+2, just lift the rear seat on the right hand side as shown in the illustration.

Edited by B430m

Sorry, I wouldn’t have a clue where it is on the 2+0.

Even if it is a left hand drive, it should be the same ie on the right side. You need to raise the carpet where the seat trimming would have been. 

When you pull, on the s1 (ie not the 4x0 series), you need to pull perpendicular to the car, ie not to the front but rather to the side.

i am pming you pictures

• Thanks 1

Pull diagonally across the car.  I found out the hard way that pulling along the length of the car breaks the fittings and doesn't open the boot.

On 28/12/2018 at 12:23, blueg33 said:

Pull diagonally across the car.  I found out the hard way that pulling along the length of the car breaks the fittings and doesn't open the boot.

Thanks for all the help I already opened the hatch, now my new problem is "HOW TO RETRACT" back the cable

or does it need to be retracted back?

thanks

Lube it.

It does need to retract or the hatch wont stay closed.

Or the other way around, if the hatch closes, them it is retracted enough.