free hit
counters
Fuel tank options and install - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Fuel tank options and install

Hi

I would want to fit a proalloy fuel tank on an exige v6 cup and read that the 54l tank is easier to install thank the 60l tank but would like some details on why it s easier to install the smaller one and if there are any other things to consider

I also read that the 60l proalloy tank will in fact only be able to use 54l of fuel but then what about the 54l tank?

Are there other brands or options that will work on track?

Currently the car is fitted with a Lotus motorsport atl 70l fuel cell but it s really smelling bad in the garage ans so I tought about replacing it with a proalloy or similar and would like opinions

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had LMS fit the 54ltr pro alloy tank to our old roadster, we were quoted another 1 to 2 hours labour a bit of a fiddle to fit. We chose the smaller tank due to weight saving against the additional 6litres of fuel.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Ok so just a little tighter to fit but not any major installation differences?

On the proalloy website I noticed that in the pictures the 60l version have extra welded brackets do you know if that requires extra drilling of the car or do they bolt on existing threads?

I had the 54l version on my old cup 260 and it was working well but someone in usa using slicks mentioned that when at lower fuel they had some occasional fuel surge did you had any fuel surge after fitting it?

Thanks

Edited by Maxi_z