free hit
counters
2zz ecu tuning anyone done it? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2zz ecu tuning anyone done it?

Ok, supercharging is out at the moment.But been looking at ecu tuning,BOE seem to have a nice tune in the torque 200,makes the car more torquey and more bhp.Anyone done this or had a ecu tune on a n/a 2zz toyota unit? Feedback welcome

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter,  RRR were at our workshop today helping with some mapping on the EMU, so I asked about the NA.  On an otherwise standard car there is about 15bhp in the mid -range (mainly from playing with cam switch mapping), and very little to had at the top end due to intake limitation.  With induction and exhaust, plus probably bigger TB, you can get more at the top.

Dave

22 hours ago, peter2704 said:

look good ,but i dont want to open the engine yet ,some ecu tunes are quoting upto 25 bhp mid and 10 top which would be just right atm

Are you intending to do it your self then

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, peter2704 said:

Cheers Dave for this info, does your 5700 gt do the same or is it different ? I think to gain mid range 15bhp min would be a nice improvement, i am  running trd and sports silencer so maybe a little more

We have two flavours of 5700. One is just the cam switch lower, the idea of which is that you stay on the cam between gear changes. Second one has some fuel and ignition adjustments for cars with induction and exhaust manifold changes (as well as cam switch), which should release a little extra power.

Dave

this looks reasonable at 250 pounds

https://www.quantumtuning.co.uk/vehicle-detail

Vehicle Performance Chart - (Lotus Exige)Org BHPTuned BHPOrg NmTuned Nm1,0002,2503,5004,7506,00001002003000100200300RPMBHPNm

The graph above is an automated template to show the difference between original and tuned power and torque
Original BHP 192
Tuned BHP 205
[BHP Increase (%)] 7 %
Original Torque (Nm) 180
Tuned Torque (Nm) 196
Torque Increase (%) 9 %

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Seen some of these and they look good ,but I am not sure how good a tune it is or reliable .Last thing I would want is a damaged engine due to some fueling issues.Suppose if someone has had it done and all ok then its a cheap upgrade