free hit
counters
Formula 1 GP Events Experiences (Singapore 2018). - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
The Carrot Ninja

Formula 1 GP Events Experiences (Singapore 2018).

Hello all motorsport fans from around the world.

This thread is about sharing our racing experiences at being near or/and at F1 Grand Prix Events from around the world in any year.

I recently went to Singapore in September for a holiday with family. It was amazing, I went to many tourist attractions however my favourite place was buying my first ever F1 Ticket for the Formula 1 event. I brought my F1 ticket in Singapore and I have been a Formula 1 fan for a very long time. I had an amazing time attending this event in central Singapore and I made a Youtube video about my F1 experience in that city. I wanted to share that F1 experience with you on here so here is my F1 Youtube video in Singapore 2018, enjoy :) :)

If there is anyone else who wants to share their F1 Events experience on here then feel free to post on here your F1 experience [IMG] [IMG]

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I once took part in F1 supermarket trolley racing, but it was around Asda car park, nothing like Singapore. Also, you wouldn't want to holiday in Margate.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

3 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Also, you wouldn't want to holiday in Margate.

I went there once, and yes, you're quite right, I would not want to holiday there... :)

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I’m already booked &paid for the Silverstone F1 weekend in 2019. £285 for Friday, Saturday & Sunday race tickets. I thought that was a pretty good price as I paid £250 for a race ticket only back in 2000.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

5 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I once took part in F1 supermarket trolley racing, but it was around Asda car park, nothing like Singapore. Also, you wouldn't want to holiday in Margate.

Hahaha Did you win the trolley race?

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I went there once, and yes, you're quite right, I would not want to holiday there... :)

Lol.

56 minutes ago, mayevora said:

I’m already booked &paid for the Silverstone F1 weekend in 2019. £285 for Friday, Saturday & Sunday race tickets. I thought that was a pretty good price as I paid £250 for a race ticket only back in 2000.

£285 for a whole F1 weekend is a really good price. I'm thinking of buying tickets just for Sunday next year. I need to get onto that quick tho before it's sold out. 

3 minutes ago, The Carrot Ninja said:

Lol.

£285 for a whole F1 weekend is a really good price. I'm thinking of buying tickets just for Sunday next year. I need to get onto that quick tho before it's sold out. 

That also includes camping and car parking on site.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

18 hours ago, The Carrot Ninja said:

Hahaha Did you win the trolley race?

No, I got the trolley with the duff wheel.

Margate Exotics.

Well I have some hazy memories of Monza 1986, if that's any use? My brother (18) and I (16) went on a coach trip. We were the last pick-up on a coach that started in Birmingham. We were the only Ferrari fans amongst a sea of drunken "Our Nige" fans. I remember Friday afternoon gridlock on the M25 and many of the boozers spilled out onto the carriageway to make room for more beer, much to the other motorists' displeasure.

We ended up in a nice hotel at Lake Como. The race was OK. Mansell took a good early lead but then slowed down since his seatbelt had come undone and so Williams team mate Piquet passed him to take the win. Apparently Senna qualified 5th in his Lotus Renault, but blew his gearbox at the start. There were also some good support races (eg. classic Ferraris and Renault GTA/Alpine Cup)

I did see my first Ferrari 288 GTO though, as below.

xkqEUKc.jpg

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

Wow Monza 1986? before I was born. Thank you for sharing your F1 experience. I love the photo's. I think back then Formula 1 cars were V12. I grew up watching V10 F1 cars on TV. Who did you support at Ferrari in 1986?

They were V6 Turbos. About 1100bhp in qualifying trim, 1000bhp in the race. That’s Michele Alboreto in the 27 car. His team mate was Stefan Johansson. We just supported the team, rather than the drivers. My brother had previously watched Jody Sheckter win for Ferrari at Monaco in 1979 on a trip with our Dad. My brother has since named his own son after him.

Ok, Alboreto and Johansson for Ferrari. It's the first I have herd of them.  V6 Turbos? That's similar to todays F1 cars. It must be a lot of money now to go and watch the Monaco Grand Prix.