free hit
counters
Battery Dead help - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

So I have a few issues. 

Firstly my car is dead and parked in my drive well away from anywhere that would allow me to charge it.

Secondly how the hell do I open the boot?

Thirdly do I need to open the boot to charge it or can I do it from the front like in the Exige?

Fourth...ly (is that a word?) I have seen people talking about PIN's for the alarm system.......erm...what is that, how does it work and will I need it?

Take into account mine has an updated non standard stereo, so not sure where I would input a "PIN".

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't the Evora have an emergency boot pull coming through the rear wall or is that only in the 2+2's?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Buy an extension lead and a trickle charger.

To get into the car, open the passenger door with the key. The emergency boot release is in the middle in the back under some carpet, pull that towards the centre of the car and your boot should pop open. 

The PIN is entered using the immobiliser light on the dash and the key, the instructions for this and opening your boot are in the manual. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You should not need a PIN just for a dead battery. (Although, you may have an airbag light that will need to be reset after a battery discharge) However, if you do need to use the PIN....

You can use the 5 digit PIN to bypass the immobilizer and start the car.
If you don't know the PIN, try calling your dealer for help. (PIN came with keys presented to original owner). Here's the process:

If the key transmitter is damaged or fails to function, and a spare key is not available, the alarm system’s unique specific Identification Number (PIN) may be used to disarm the alarm provided that access is available to the cabin:

- Turn on the ignition. The alarm tell tale will light.
- If the alarm is armed, accessing the cabin, or turning on the ignition will trigger the alarm until completion of this emergency process.
- Within 10 seconds, turn the ignition off; the tell tale will begin to flash.
- After a number of flashes corresponding to the first digit of the PIN, turn on the ignition. Note that the first flash may not be of full duration (but is still to be counted). Note that 10 flashes correspond to a zero digit.
- Turn off the ignition and after a number of flashes corresponding to the second digit of the PIN, turn on the ignition. Repeat this process until all 5 digits have been completed. If, at any stage of the process, a number is entered incorrectly, the system will immediately revert to the start, so that the whole PIN must be re-entered.
- If the PIN is entered correctly, the alarm will now be overridden and the engine mobilised. However, automatic immobilisation will still occur after an ignition off time of 40 seconds, requiring a repeat of the above procedure to mobilise. Note that automatic re-arming of the alarm and automatic door locking cannot occur until a working transmitter is used to operate the alarm.

Lastly, if you can't get the boot open with the release, you you can try this method and pop a maxi fuse out to temporarily apply 12V directly to the fuse block:
https://www.thelotusforums.com/forum...n-the-bootlid/

From what has been reported, there is also access to one of the battery distribution terminals from the left hand rear wheel well area.

Edited by 2011 Chrome Orange
12 hours ago, 2011 Chrome Orange said:

On a 2+0 it should be under the shelf pad

emergency trunk release.JPG

Yes this is where you can locate the emergency tailgate release to open the hatch, remove the carpet , then the foam, you should see it in that location, then as others have said pull the release handle "ACROSS" the car ie. to the side of the car...

thank you again PAR and 2011 Chrome Orange for your great help

Edited by phenoyz

Thanks guys. Just ordered an "Outside" weather proof Trickle charger and will wait for it to arrive.

Don#t know my Pin @Bibs will have to ask Andy.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Thanks Dave.

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

Don#t know my Pin @Bibs will have to ask Andy.

The procedure is on page 24 of your manual and I believe you'll need your chassis number to get your PIN from ASO or a local dealer mate.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Will I need it or will it be ok anyway?

Depends on how flat your battery is and how long it's been flat for. Should be ok, cross that bridge if you need to. 

Evora NA

Woohoo! Look at me all clued up and ready to go (Thanks to you guys and Bibs calling me).

Bought myself an excellent Battery charger and reconditioner and shes been charging for 24 hours. All done and battery recon'd. Now I just need to find time to use her!

Just be careful - Totally flat to recharged in 1 day will not be a deep charge but a surface charge. In addition deeply discharged batteries often fail shortly afterwards so be prepared to buy a new one. This is especially the case if it is a Varta Blue OEM which are decidedly flaky.