free hit
counters
New Years Resolutions/Wishes - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New Years Resolutions/Wishes

Anyone made any or have any wishes for the New Year?

I have become Pescatarian and not drinking alcohol for 30 days as part of a diet I need after ballooning the last few months to my heaviest in 6 years.

I also plan on getting up half an hour earlier every day and walking the dog early doors and want to get to the gym more often (Sure we all want that one).

Oh and be more Active on here and get my Evora up to standard. Plan is to have the front end resprayed to remove stone chips and then get the Black Grills repainted and alloys refurbed! ....... if I can get her started anytime soon!

Anyone else doing genuinely doing anything? I know I will get lots of jokey posts!! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blimey, by day 14 you'll be getting up half an hour before you go to bed!!   (cue 4 Yorkshiremen sketch)

I was at a new years lunch/party yesterday with English Harbour 10 Year Old on tap so couldn't say no and I'm volunteering in my local pub this evening for the staff party so they can all have a nice

Note to self, avoid meets in summer

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

I also plan on getting up half an hour earlier every day

Blimey, by day 14 you'll be getting up half an hour before you go to bed!!   (cue 4 Yorkshiremen sketch)

• Haha 1

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

I'm doing dry Jan again, starting tomorrow :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

30 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I'm doing dry Jan again, starting tomorrow :D

As in tomorrow never.......? :thumbup:

And @Kimbers half way to veganism 

Dave.

I was at a new years lunch/party yesterday with English Harbour 10 Year Old on tap so couldn't say no and I'm volunteering in my local pub this evening for the staff party so they can all have a nice time and the offer of free booze is too enticing. Tomorrow it is!

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I'm on this boat.

Previous job meant I was glued to my laptop and drinking (beer) like a fish due to stress. Put on a few pounds, which quickly escalated. I feel unhealthy.

This month will see no alcohol for me with fitness plan mapped out with weight goals set.

I must ensure I have my bikini body ready for meets in the summer!

Note to self, avoid meets in summer

• Haha 1

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I started early (mid October) and was 3.5 stone lighter by Xmas eve. 

9 days only of ‘eating normally’ (that means to excess to you an I) and I’ve put 12lbs back on!. That’ll be off again in 7-8 days as back on the healthy/boring lifestyle as of today. 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

1 hour ago, mayevora said:

I started early (mid October) and was 3.5 stone lighter by Xmas eve. 

9 days only of ‘eating normally’ (that means to excess to you an I) and I’ve put 12lbs back on!. That’ll be off again in 7-8 days as back on the healthy/boring lifestyle as of today. 

A stone a month?! What were you eating, dust?!

9 minutes ago, Dan.G said:

A stone a month?! What were you eating, dust?!

Well, soup ish packets - from a Company called Lighterlife.

Works well for me anyway as it just falls off and after just 2-3 days you don’t even feel hungry anymore. 7 years ago I lost 101lbs in 6 months using same Company.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I was always told a sustainable diet is only possible if you lose no more than 2lb a week. Otherwise your body starts storing food because it thinks you are starving. This results in weight going back on quicker when you come off it.......but what do I know :P

4 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

your body starts storing food because it thinks you are starving

If you're having less calories than you need and your body is using it's stored fat, you'll struggle to be storing food at the same time. 

Evora NA

38 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

I was always told a sustainable diet is only possible if you lose no more than 2lb a week. Otherwise your body starts storing food because it thinks you are starving. This results in weight going back on quicker when you come off it.......but what do I know :P

That was pretty close to my understanding also until a Doctor told me otherwise. The heath benefits of losing it quickly outweigh the possibility of putting it back on. 

If like me you had/have 4,5,6 stone to lose, the benefit of losing it quickly will drastically relieve any additional stress put upon heart, arteries and joints, also reducing blood pressure and the many out of breath moments and ‘quickly’ get you back to an overall healthier person than losing 2lb per week and putting a longer term stress on bodily parts. (Personally I’d get bored shitless of losing 2lb per week and most likely get disheartened and fall off the wagon)

The chappy who endorses Lighterlife (in the ads and puts his face on things - for the £s as well obviously) is the Dr off Breakfast telly (Hillary something or other)

Any Doctors a member here? Interested to hear comments/views.

• Gold FFM

My understanding is like kimbers’. There is usually a “bounce” when the weight loss stops and the quicker you lose it the bigger the bounce and more likely to put it back on..

That said, also agree it’s best to lose it in the first place and then worry about putting it back on. I’ve lost 4 odd stone before at c3lb a week and it took me nigh on 20 years to put it back on. Currently -2 stone (lost 2.5 and had a 7lb bounce). Now working on losing 2 more.

keeping it off requires a total and permanent change in eating and exercise habits.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

15 hours ago, Bibs said:

If you're having less calories than you need and your body is using it's stored fat, you'll struggle to be storing food at the same time. 

No mate thats what happens when you come off the diet.

14 hours ago, Colin P said:

My understanding is like kimbers’. There is usually a “bounce” when the weight loss stops and the quicker you lose it the bigger the bounce and more likely to put it back on..

That said, also agree it’s best to lose it in the first place and then worry about putting it back on. I’ve lost 4 odd stone before at c3lb a week and it took me nigh on 20 years to put it back on. Currently -2 stone (lost 2.5 and had a 7lb bounce). Now working on losing 2 more.

keeping it off requires a total and permanent change in eating and exercise habits.

Excellent Work mate. My issue is my static Day job and unhealthy habits of my second job which normally revolves around the quickest food you can get because you literally don't tend to get more than 3 minutes free at any time. This normally means McD's or at best something from the station tuckshop....like chocolate.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

Excellent Work mate. My issue is my static Day job and unhealthy habits of my second job which normally revolves around the quickest food you can get because you literally don't tend to get more than 3 minutes free at any time. This normally means McD's or at best something from the station tuckshop....like chocolate.

Same here - office job so getting exercise is always a challenge. Get a bit of a walk when in London, but spend 3/4 days a week either WFH or in Farnborough, which means sitting in a chair all day. Sushi is a good alternative to a Maccy Ds.

Just bought myself a new bike and waiting on an estate car to lug it around in (used to road cycle a lot, but don't fancy it these days it's downright scary around here) - so it had better flipping work!!

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Dry January. I've got this. 

20190104_233621.jpg

• Like 1

Evora NA

And i've come down with a cold which, while doing wonders for me not drinking (Don't feel like it) I also don't feel like exercising or doing....well anything! Still not had anything other than fish and Veg though!

A cold is 1st sign of a failing immune system - think bacon sarnie 🥓

• Haha 1