free hit
counters
1991 Esprit Turbo S - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1991 Esprit Turbo S

Richard wilson

Hi all,

I purchased a 1991 Esprit Turbo S about a year ago, dont know too much about Lotus cars other than not many were made of this model and it seems the rear of the car has been changed, it had been off the road for about 12 years but is now MOTed, serviced and has been fully re-sprayed, just the interior to do now. So if you know anyone that does interiors please let be know. However I am a few bits missing, intake Air box, carpet trim that covers the relays in the engine bay and floor, engine cover, interior compartment that sits at the back of the centre console.

Any information regarding the Turbo S, values, last sold would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Richard   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Richard

I have the same vehicle and same year, been working on it for the last couple of years, rebuilt the rear suspension then last year the front suspension and brakes all around, still work in progress as I'm doing bits at a time, live near Worcester 

I will try and help if I can, don't have any spare parts, not that are any good anyway.

Regards

Rick

20170527_140925.jpg

• Love 1

Thank for your message Rick, do you have any more photo's of your car, as mine has a differant rear light panel from a V8 i think with round lights, a bit Ferrari looking. I've been told there were only 6 or 7 made, what sort of value are they making ? do you know if any have been sold recently ? Any information would be really helpful.

Thanks

54 minutes ago, Richard wilson said:

Thank for your message Rick, do you have any more photo's of your car, as mine has a differant rear light panel from a V8 i think with round lights, a bit Ferrari looking. I've been told there were only 6 or 7 made, what sort of value are they making ? do you know if any have been sold recently ? Any information would be really helpful.

Thanks

Hi Richard

Most of my photos are on my laptop at work,  the back lights are the standard rectangular versions but I will send you some additional photos when I’m back in the office on Friday 

some attached from my phone

0417C5FC-E138-4C84-8C23-47FA9C295A30.jpeg

993A1307-28C2-46B3-A6AF-D548A8223D8C.jpeg

7147B8D6-4333-41B3-A69E-4A60CED1CD5C.jpeg

14 minutes ago, KNIGHT2001 said:

Hi Richard

Most of my photos are on my laptop at work,  the back lights are the standard rectangular versions but I will send you some additional photos when I’m back in the office on Friday 

some attached from my phoneimageproxy.php?img=&key=f91d8068176956b1imageproxy.php?img=&key=f91d8068176956b1

0417C5FC-E138-4C84-8C23-47FA9C295A30.jpeg

993A1307-28C2-46B3-A6AF-D548A8223D8C.jpeg

7147B8D6-4333-41B3-A69E-4A60CED1CD5C.jpeg

Prices have been on the rise over the past couple of years. Not sure of valve of mine with 75k miles and only seen the SE models for sale at between 15k to 25k depending on condition 

Thanks Rick

what colour are your carpets, I think the previous owner of mine changed the carpets and recovered some of the interior, parts of the dash, door cards and centre console, made a real bad job of it, so are going to re do it all. I will send some pictures tomorrow.

regards

• Gold FFM

Front fogs not right @Richard wilson and that rear panel is an aftermarket figment.

out of interest has that car ever been black? And has it had a chargecooler fitted ?

Only here once

5 hours ago, Richard wilson said:

Any information regarding the Turbo S, values, last sold would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Richard   

Although not many made ,because was a changeover time, probably the least valuable esprit made. Maybe wrong see what others say

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Should it not have the aerial on the front wing? rather than a bee sting type?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

what are they like to drive is the engine smooth with EFI?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

I’ve driven a NA, carb turbo, an S, v8, S4 (x3) and S4s.

the S is very nice indeed to drive - a real sweet spot car for me. No PAS and a bit more raw. You need to work the car harder than an SE - but there’s very little performance difference if you look at the numbers. I absolutely loved mine and so wish I’d not been tempted with the V8

Only here once

Charge Cooler is the "radiator" that cools the air before it goes into the engine. The air gets heated a lot via the turbo, so although it's higher pressure than normal, it's slightly limited by being hotter (so less dense than it could be). Charge coolers then take some of that heat away so more air (and fuel) goes into the engine = more power.

There are two methods used by companies, Intercooler and Chargecooler (whch really is just a type of intercooler), Lotus used the  chargecooler method as locates the radiator at the font of the car and so has the water running between it and the engine.