free hit
counters
PlayStation VR - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dan.G

PlayStation VR

With prices dropping, I am considering a purchase of the PS VR, most likely the V2.

I've never tried on the headset, only read a few reviews but it does look fun.

Has anyone got it? What do you think? Is it just a fad or a worth while purchase?

Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've not had a go but that does look very cool! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

@Dan.GI have it. It is friggin amazing and Wowsa. When you are in it with the earpieces in you are totaly isolated and find yourself really believing you are in it. Your brain is totally tricked. Only down side to that is you take all your phobia's in with you. On a Shark dive I got terrible vertigo and fell over. After an hour or so I also can get motion sickness.

We also have the Hand controllers that act as swords etc and a gun you hold in 2 hands like a shotgun. Using it is wierd especially when you lift it up to look at it and turn it over etc, the gun does it as well. Holding the hand controllers acts as your hands/sword/bow etc so in Skyrim you actually have to draw your bow properly to use it. My son was sword fighting a dragon and knocked me on my ass as I walked past him. Caught me a cracker on my chin!

Then you have the Rec room. Imagine Ready Player one but with Minecraft graphics. You have loads of different games to play and jump through doors to go to other places etc. Any player can design a new level or game and put it on there.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Are you sure you're not my twin brother, what with the silver and now VR?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I have one and am currently obsessing about Firewall Zero Hour. Its a first person co op game and its soooo good.

As for the system, I love it. GT sport is great fun although the content is small.

Don't pay anymore than £200 for the starter pack. I waited ages for the price to come down to a reasonable level on the V2.

I have Ace Combat on order which is released on the 18th. Flying a plane in VR has got to be one of the best ways to experience it.

Go for it, its brilliant immersive action.

That does look ridiculously good! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi guys!

I can also confirm, got PS VR and it is worth the money. I am not playing that much, but Firewall Zero Hour is really good (besides the waiting times between the rounds).

If we find two more, we could form a team! 😬

3 hours ago, hml_xy said:

Hi guys!

I can also confirm, got PS VR and it is worth the money. I am not playing that much, but Firewall Zero Hour is really good (besides the waiting times between the rounds).

If we find two more, we could form a team! 😬

Sounds good to me Heiner. What's your PS name? :thumbup:

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:59, Bibs said:

Its really good. Took a vid whist playing it over the weekend.

This is what VR was made for. It's insane realism.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2019 at 11:59, Bibs said:

It is. 

You might find that your neck gets a proper work out. 

If you’re thinking about getting a PSVR, Ace Combat, Resident Evil and Batman are definitely the ‘killer apps’ to get. 

Although, I’ve just found out that the VR element of the game is quite limited. Only 3 missions and a couple of other bits. 

Boo. 

4 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Although, I’ve just found out that the VR element of the game is quite limited. Only 3 missions and a couple of other bits. 

Boo. 

There is talk of more coming. It’s just a taster for the moment to get interest. 

Have you played Firewall. You need that. It’s epic!!! 

14 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Not yet. Does it require the gun add-on?

You don't need the aim controller but it makes the game so much more realistic.

Try CEX or Music Magpie for a secondhand one if you don't want to buy new.

• Thanks 1