free hit
counters
Wheel confusion - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Soooo I’ve tried and failed to get a definitive answer for whether this particular alloy (MY16 era - cast non-option) is a 5.5x16 or a 6x16. Simply because the latter would allow safe fitment of the 195 yoko a048’s without me having to buy new wheels.

parts searches say that it’s a 6, chap at dealer says it’s a 5.5. Does anyone have a clue? Thanks in advance.

F88D7363-4E0F-40D1-B09D-ED852DC8A790.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should tell you in the handbook.

According to my MY 17.5 handbook the standard cast wheels are 5.5 x 16. The optional forged wheels are 6.0 x 16 (with AD07's) and further optional forged wheels with AO48's are 6.5 x 16

Well I looked at the handbook and that does say 5.5, however it’s a ‘S’ handbook and I dunno if things changed for the 220 sport wheel-wise. The part number for my wheels reference a 6 on a few websites. Is the size stamped on the alloy I wonder? I’ll have a look....

I Haven’t on this particular rim style ,

but there no reason you can not , in fact it is the correct size for a 195 if you check most guides , if  you look under the ride/ handling/ tyres section, I posted a ?  Has Lotus changed OEM tyres,

195 is being fitted to a 6” rim as standard now.

Dave at Seriously Lotus replied with the correct details and again this is confirmed on the parts site I mentioned.

the AO48 fitted on Elise Cups road cars is a 7” Rim, however Lotus have fitted them also from the factory to the 6” forged rim with the wonky Y style. For example the JPS black & gold 250 Cup model on sale now have this setup.

Hopefully someone else can comment if fitted to theirs.

Stephen