free hit
counters
Nmeg's June Hoon - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Nmeg's June Hoon

Backmarker

NMEG's June Hoon is the trip to Supercar Sunday courtesy of our friend Dermot, the mad Professor

As per last year we'll need to be at the Gaydon Inn by 9.30am for the journey into the arena en masse by 10.00am.

So, as per last year we'll meet at Hilton Park on the M6 with a view to leaving there by 8.15am

Then its over to Frankley services on the M5 to pick up Nick and Dave Barney. If someone has a passanger then we'll ring as we approach. Failing that, we'll just nip in.

From there its M42/M40 to jct12 and then the short hop to the Gaydon Inn by 9.30am.

According to Dermots list attendees include, MatK, Stagowner, Alex-GT3, Dave V8, Phil Betts and Dave Walters so you guys might want to arrange a meet at Sandbach before venturing down to Hilton Park.

Could someone remind Phil Betts to check he's re-fitted his oil filler cap and that will save us all some time.

Cheers,

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erm, where do i meet you guys then?? im coming on my lonesome from the land of hills, more hills and sheep ;)

Si,

What's your route?

We're doing M6/M5/M42/M40 to jct 12.

Are you coming up the M5 or going across country?

Give me clue and I'll suggest somewhere suitable

Graham.

What new avator? Still looks the same to me. Does my pc need a bash with a sledgehammer again?

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Si,

Got the road atlas out and I guess you'll be aiming for the A429 via Ross/Gloucester/Cheltenham.

If so we'll meet you at the Gaydon Inn at 9.30am

If you don't mind going out of your way (and it would be nice to get some miles on that beautiful S3 turbo of yours) then either come up the M5 and join Nick Whiting and Dave Barnard on the Frankley Service Station (southbound note) or go to the Hopwood services on the M42 (we should be passing there about 8.45am).

Let us know your plans and we can make arrangements.

Cheers,

Graham.

ok, follow up to the pm i sent Graham.

my car will NOT be attending :)

the Brakes i could sort out easy (probably)

the sticky throttle is fairly cheap fix

but

the total FUBAR clutch has taken it off the road :)

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

thanks for trhe heads up Si, checking the part numbers at the moment , it doesn't match the num in the s3t parts cat. should be a a082q4019f not a 6033f.

ok, this is the number for the S4 S4s and V8 (according to the parts manual)

Dave (Dodgy)

If you can't get that clutch done, do you want to come along as passanger?

If so, how close are you to Hilton Park.

You gotta be there one way or the other, and we need someone to warn the guys at Frankley that we're nearly passing.

Cheers,

Graham

PS I can see your new Avator now Alex. Looks good

i can still go passsenger, i am 4.9 miles from Hilton (or 3.9 miles from j11)

Loti is a 100% non starter now :)

OK either I or one of the others will pick you up and then make our way to Hilton Park.

Graham

Si,

If that is your route then go the extra 10 miles and meet up with Dave and Nick at Frankley services on the southbound M5.

Instead of joining the M42 at jct 4a of the M5, stay on the M5, go past jct4 (turning for Paul Matty and Nick Whale.......remember this for the July meet), past Frankley services on the northbound carriageway and then get off at jct3. Round the roundabout and back down the slip road to join the M5 southbound and get off at Frankley services southbound. Daves got a blue S4 and Nick a pearlescent white Commorative edition Stevens. The Hilton Park crew will either drop in or phone as we approach. We expect to be leaving Frankley at 8.30am

Honestly, this only adds 10 miles to your journey and it would be good to have you along.

See you there hopefully,

Graham.

Guys - I'll be coming up to Gaydon from Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire - mind if I meet up with you at Gaydon Inn and tag along for your massed entry?

Need to check where the Gaydon Inn is though...

Iain

Edited by Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

Si,

You won't need Sat Nav mate its motorway all the way. Why not re-fuel at Frankley services? Cost a bit more but you're meeting there anyway.

Iain,

All the Esprits (not just NMEG) will be meeting at the Gaydon Inn. IIRC its left at the roundabout after the M40 jct. The Heritage Motor Centre where Supercar Sunday is held is the opposite direction. The pub is oppsite the Texaco garage just a few yards from the roundabout. Should be the B4100. See you there.

Cheers,

Graham.

my problem is i get lost easily, i usually have sat nav or someone with me fora long journey, this will ne the farthest i have travelled on my own in a car since new years eve and im not ashamed to say its a bit scary for me. i need to be prepared incase some thing happenes. thing is if im not sure i will just turn around and come home.

im hoping that someone near to me or passing my route could hook up with me that would be good, otherwise i have to make sure everything is set and planned, i need to take my phone to speak with kelly in case theres a problem, i just have to be careful and sure in my own head.

Edited by bigsi

Si,

Understood mate.

Make sure you tell it that you want Frankley Services SOUTHBOUND not Northbound, otherwise we'll just be waving to you over the M5 :realmad:

Cheers,

Graham.

let make it simple, is there anyone going to gaydon that i can meet up with on route on the way there?

kelly thinks its a good idea also.

if nto i wil lrely on the satnav and the route planner i print out from my new autoroute softweare

For FNMEGers (Far North MEG), I propose we meet up at Sandbach Services, allowing 45mins to get to Hilton as per last year.

That means leaving Sandbach at 7.30 am. Any takers?

For FNMEGers (Far North MEG), I propose we meet up at Sandbach Services, allowing 45mins to get to Hilton as per last year.

That means leaving Sandbach at 7.30 am. Any takers?

Hi David,

I can be at sandbach services for 7.30

Alex